A couple of spring warblers

Today was one of those days I seriously yearned for a D2x...just couldn't get a decent bird shot even after being out all day with beautiful sunny skies! I'll blame it on the camera!! :twisted:

But, that's not really fair to the camera, as last weekend it did pretty well with these:
D100, 80-400VR

Ovenbird (yes, that's a warbler!)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Common Yellowthroat

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Janet, it had to be the cam. It couldn't possibly have been the fine photog behind the lens. :wink:

Nice shots. Greg, Chris and I have had similar days at the pond the last couple of week-ends. If they don't fly, it's hard to get flight shots. :?

Both are great shots, really like the second, colors, DOF and background. Sharp and crisp. your cam and lens have done you extremely well! But understand, Im starting to go through the same lust of having the ability to crop more, D2x is still too pricy but good deals to me had on the Canon 1D Mark II...........did those words come out of my mouth.........going to get flamed for that one, but it is trueeeeeeeee

Janet,

If those two are not decent shots, I want to see the good ones! There is little more that I would want looking at these two, they are just great.

Bob

Frankly, Janet, I'd find something else to blame, like the weather, the crowds, the phase of the moon, rather than the camera. Last thing you want is the Nikon gods angry with you....... :wink: Of course you STILL need a D2X.....

Nice shots, I have to get in touch with more of our local audobon folks to find out what else I am missing out here in our area, althougn I just yesterday added Puffins to the list of Wild Ones.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom