A couple of spring warblers

Discussion in 'Birds' started by jczinn, May 22, 2005.

1. Today was one of those days I seriously yearned for a D2x...just couldn't get a decent bird shot even after being out all day with beautiful sunny skies! I'll blame it on the camera!! :twisted:

But, that's not really fair to the camera, as last weekend it did pretty well with these:
    D100, 80-400VR

Ovenbird (yes, that's a warbler!)

[​IMG]

Common Yellowthroat

[​IMG]

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Janet, it had to be the cam. It couldn't possibly have been the fine photog behind the lens. :wink:

Nice shots. Greg, Chris and I have had similar days at the pond the last couple of week-ends. If they don't fly, it's hard to get flight shots. :?

3. That first image is really nice Janet. Second is great too.

4. Both are great shots, really like the second, colors, DOF and background. Sharp and crisp. your cam and lens have done you extremely well! But understand, Im starting to go through the same lust of having the ability to crop more, D2x is still too pricy but good deals to me had on the Canon 1D Mark II...........did those words come out of my mouth.........going to get flamed for that one, but it is trueeeeeeeee

5. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Great shots, Janet!

6. svenmichiels

svenmichiels

May 21, 2005
    Belgium
    great shots

7. Janet,

If those two are not decent shots, I want to see the good ones! There is little more that I would want looking at these two, they are just great.

Bob

8. Frankly, Janet, I'd find something else to blame, like the weather, the crowds, the phase of the moon, rather than the camera. Last thing you want is the Nikon gods angry with you....... :wink: Of course you STILL need a D2X.....

Nice shots, I have to get in touch with more of our local audobon folks to find out what else I am missing out here in our area, althougn I just yesterday added Puffins to the list of Wild Ones.

9. Janet,

I always enjoy your work.....so much detail!! :D :D :D :D

10. WOW!!! hey Janet those two pics. are really great. I don't think you needed any other camera but the one you used. Great job.
    Pete

11. Nice shots! Which lens did you use?

Thanks, Anthony

12. Warblers

Hi Janet,
    You alawys do well, even on your bad days. Nice pics.

--Ed-- :D

13. Very nice your shots are aways so clean and well presented. I wish these guys woudl come vist me.