A couple of views accross the straits to the USA

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Tim Z, Dec 26, 2005.

1. The first shot was from a few weeks back looking across Haro Strait at Mount Baker from Cattle Point in Victoria BC. Used my 300 f4 afs for this one.

Second shot was on Xmas day from the top of Mill Hill in Victoria. I am looking across Juan De Juca Strait at the Olympic Mountains. Used my 18-70 D70 kit lens here.

Cheers

Tim

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Very nice. I usually am on the Washington coast looking over at "you." Considering the Straits are about 20 miles across that is an amazing amount of detail with that lens. Here's Mt. Baker just before the first snows fell last Fall from Artist Point.

DSC_0071edited.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow those are beautiful...

Especially like the tones in the second one.

4. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    I like the Mt. Baker shot Tim -- on my only two visits to Victoria, we were lucky to be able to recognize anything in any direction:mad: . The second shot is just a plain old beautiful image:biggrin:

5. RForshey

RForshey Guest

I really like the first one..

6. WOW, the first one is breathtaking!

7. Robert

Robert

Jul 24, 2005
    Canada
    Gorgeous shots! The first brings back memories.
    The first time I was in Victoria, it was very overcast. Looking up into the sky, I remarked to my friend that the sky clouds looked odd. Those aren't just clouds, those are mountains peaking through! I was blown away!
    Thanks for posting!
    Robert

8. Very nice shots, Tim. I especially like the one of the Olympics. A very nice mood. The 300f4 sure brought Mount Baker into focus. I hadn't thoght of using that lens for landscapes (bought it for wildlife) although I do use the 70-200VR for ladscaped a fair bit.

9. Now I am really jealous...I looked outside at a cold rainy day on my Christmas Day. I love the first one, simply amazing

10. My old stomping ground that! Class of '66 at Mount Douglas Sr High. I've been on top of Mount Doug a lot and seen Ranier looking like your Baker a couple of times.

The Texas coast defines "flat"! Boy I really miss those mountain vistas.

Great shots! Your photos will just have to act as my surrogates until I can get back up there this summer for the highschool's 40th get together.