1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

A Couple Train Shots.

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by eL eSs Vee, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Trains have been in my life since before I was born. My father was a huge railfan and maintained a huge HO layout in the garage. It was always a delight to be held at a railroad crossing, for my family.

Earlier this summer a friend who is an even bigger railfan than my father (he works for Waltham and a railroad magazine) was visiting from Wisconsin, so he and I went out shooting on a two occasions.

The first shot was taken in Pomona on a Wednesday evening - we kept it local. On the following Friday, I took the day off from work and we went to Pomona station, Colton, Victorville, Barstow and a little beyond. Here are a few of the shots that I took.

Pomona at night
    Train-Blur-1.

Pomona Station
    Station-Pass.

Colton yard, looking west
    Out-in-the-Yard.

Colton yard, looking east toward a derailment (several toppled cars were behind the stack train coming in)
    UP-and-SP.

Triple fans - Colton yard
    Three-fans.

Cajon Pass
    BNSF-curve.

Barstow
    IX.

Barstow
    BNSF-4164.

Barstow
    Switch-Lever.

Beyond Barstow
    BNSF-4964.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2008
  2. Very nice photos, and some really neat perspectives! I, myself, am a railfan, and would love to see more photos of trains in this forum. On a side note, I have a Pentrex video of Cajon Pass from the old Southern Pacific days, and many of your shots are from the same locations that are in the video.

Thanks for sharing! :smile:

3. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    I ditto Steve - we need more great train shots on this forrum just like these! Great perspectives!

4. Ah yes, CAJON! Tejon is a bit west of Cajon. I drive that when I head to Bakersfield. Cajon is on the way to Victorville. Thanks for catching that for me, Voyager.

Thank you both for your kind comments. Ill try to get out for some more shots soon. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2008
  5. Very nice. I posted some recently (B&W). Good job.

6. pr549f2678

pr549f2678

Jun 26, 2007
    central Fl
    Lee,
    Nice series, very good color and I myself and son love trains,
    I just e-mailed pictures of some of them.

Phil..........:smile:

7. nice series
    i like #s 5 and 7 the most

thanks for sharing these with us

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.