A Couple Train Shots.

Trains have been in my life since before I was born. My father was a huge railfan and maintained a huge HO layout in the garage. It was always a delight to be held at a railroad crossing, for my family.

Earlier this summer a friend who is an even bigger railfan than my father (he works for Waltham and a railroad magazine) was visiting from Wisconsin, so he and I went out shooting on a two occasions.

The first shot was taken in Pomona on a Wednesday evening - we kept it local. On the following Friday, I took the day off from work and we went to Pomona station, Colton, Victorville, Barstow and a little beyond. Here are a few of the shots that I took.

Pomona at night
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Pomona Station

Colton yard, looking west

Colton yard, looking east toward a derailment (several toppled cars were behind the stack train coming in)

Triple fans - Colton yard

Cajon Pass

Barstow

Barstow

Barstow

Beyond Barstow

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice photos, and some really neat perspectives! I, myself, am a railfan, and would love to see more photos of trains in this forum. On a side note, I have a Pentrex video of Cajon Pass from the old Southern Pacific days, and many of your shots are from the same locations that are in the video.

Thanks for sharing! :smile:

Very nice photos, and some really neat perspectives! I, myself, am a railfan, and would love to see more photos of trains in this forum. On a side note, I have a Pentrex video of Cajon Pass from the old Southern Pacific days, and many of your shots are from the same locations that are in the video.

Thanks for sharing! :smile:
I ditto Steve - we need more great train shots on this forrum just like these! Great perspectives!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ah yes, CAJON! Tejon is a bit west of Cajon. I drive that when I head to Bakersfield. Cajon is on the way to Victorville. Thanks for catching that for me, Voyager.

Thank you both for your kind comments. Ill try to get out for some more shots soon. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lee,
Nice series, very good color and I myself and son love trains,
I just e-mailed pictures of some of them.

Phil..........:smile:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom