A creation with apologies to Utahans

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by sfoxjohn, Aug 12, 2005.

1. sfoxjohn

sfoxjohn

May 1, 2005
    Marlton, NJ
    Linked Arches.

[​IMG]

Since this is not strictly speaking a landscape photograph, but a composite of two photographs (background and arch), and since there is no "Miscellaneous" category, I have placed it here.

If members feel that this is not an appropriate picture for the Cafe, please feel free to say so and I will make sure not to post anything like it again. Positively no feelings will be hurt. It may be more appropriate in a PhotoShop forum.

John

2. No need to apologize to this Utahn. Cool image, if you strung enough of them together it would make a chain. Isn't it fun to play around in PS just to see what you can do?

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I think it is a wonderful image.

Your details of how to do would be great also. So we can learn.

We need a forum that addressed out creative talents.

Like RETOUCHING..

Or the artsy Phartsy Phorum.

Whatchathink All

It is time......

4. sfoxjohn

sfoxjohn

May 1, 2005
    Marlton, NJ
    Thank you Gordon.

For more Utah Photos check out

http://sfox.smugmug.com/keyword/utah

and for more of these "creations" check out

http://sfox.smugmug.com/gallery/275475

All but one are from Utah pictures.

Thank you Gale. For probably the best book out there on retouching check out PhotoShop Restoration & Retouching by Katrin Eismann. She is excellent. All the internet bookstores carry it.

The second link above contains other examples which were much easier than the arches. Only cutting, rotating and pasting. If you try it, good luck.

5. Like your images from Arches. I have lots of slides from that area but no digital. Will have to take another trip there. Enjoyed your gallery.

6. Simon

Simon

Apr 30, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    I like it - it reminds me of the artwork I see whilst trying to play a computer game called Myst.

A bit gothic but not quite earthly. Like, it's an emblem from some other place.

7. very clever...

Nice. I think it is very clever and really works well. I like it a lot.

Dave

8. sfoxjohn

sfoxjohn

May 1, 2005
    Marlton, NJ
    Thanks to Gordon, Simon and David.

Simon and David here is the principal source.

http://sfox.smugmug.com/gallery/291083

The background is from Everglades mud. Took a picture of a flower and the underwater mud behind it is what is here. I use it for portraits sometimes because it looks like one of those backdrops they sell. In PS it is easy to change the color etc.

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I have the book

10. sfoxjohn

sfoxjohn

May 1, 2005
    Marlton, NJ
    Gale,

I misread your post. You were suggesting a forum for such things and when I saw the retouching part I thought you were asking for info on that.
    The older I get, the more I see things that aren't there!

Sorry,

John

11. Hi Gordon -

I like your image and I think that you did an excellent job - much better than I could - in doing the "over and under" combination of these.

Now, I hope that you don't take offense with this, but . . .

the arches' color, shape, and texture reminds me of what I saw underneath the top English muffin of the Egg McMuffin I had this morning! LOL.

Eric

12. Sorry, John! Multitasking is certainly - and obviously - not one of my strong points!

Eric

13. royk

royk

May 24, 2005
    Houston, TX/USA
    Wow.. very creative. I like it.

Roy

14. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    I think it's very cool. Nice work.

15. sfoxjohn

sfoxjohn

May 1, 2005
    Marlton, NJ
    Thanks Eric. But if I were you I'd find another place for breakfast.

16. sfoxjohn

sfoxjohn

May 1, 2005
    Marlton, NJ
    Thank you Roy and Scott.