A CRT or a FLAT monitor.

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by Bob the Spiderman, Mar 6, 2005.

1. I have always been under the impression that a good CRT with a really good graphics card, (which I have,) will give a better image than a Flat Screen Monitor. However technology as moved on since I was told this and I wondered if it was still true?

Many thanks. Bob f.

2. The high end LCD monitors have come a long way; however, most graphic artists and a significant group of photographers still feel that the CRT is the best. For myself personally I have a 22" LaCie CRT that I calibrate with a Blue Eye II LaCie device. I don't think it can be beat. I gave my LCD to my wife. There are other high end CRT's that are just as good. Ron Reznik had a thread recently on DPV (D100, D1, D2H forum) that had lots of good advice.

3. You can get more CRT for the money. :D

4. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    The LCDs can come close to the color accuracy of of a CRT, but, to get one in that league, you have to spend thousands (dollars, US). CRT is still the most economical solution to precise colors, assuming you are properly calibrated. In the future, there is no doubt LCD/TFT technology will surpass the CRT, but for now, they don't quite measure up.
    This assumes you desire the most accurate colors possible.

5. many thanks to you all

My CRT stays.

BW. Bob F.