A D2X Skintone test ...

Discussion in 'People' started by Boobie Joe, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Out of the box but resized to save some bandwith ...

My first serious attempt at an auto portrait with the beast. Handheld in my left arm at max extension ...

[​IMG]

Questions comments are welcome.

2. Excellent Yves, love the skin tones and the detail. Blue eyes no less.

3. It's a nice picture but you with no flash fired according to your info, you had to have done some PS work or had really bright lights in the room.

Right?

4. Two things Yves, you have really long arms :D and you take better "blind" shots of yourself than most people do when looking through the view finder. :) Nice job. Skin tones look great. Is this natural light?

5. I had medium decent light and there is no PS in that shot Catz

6. Hi Joe, yes natural lighting from a large window.

7. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Yves

Great light and I don't see any distortion at 26 mm :). [Used to the D70 kit lens, you see!]

8. Hey Yves,

I hope you didn't think I was being negative. On the other hand, it was a compliment because your talent is so good, I couldn't tell if you used PS. :)

Also you have one of the cutest and most photographic daughters. I finally got to take a decent one of my 3 yr old daughter for you to critique if you have the time. I will post it soon. I have to hunt for it because I am not that organized.

9. No not the least Catz, why would I think that.

Please, post that little girl's picture ASAP.

10. Please, post that little girl's picture ASAP.[/quote]

Hi Yves,

Here is the picture I took of my daughter, Alexandria.

Unfortunatly, this was taken with the Fuji S2 (please don't shoot me...excuse the pun) which was right before the D2X came to my door. I had to do this for a class assignment on lighting.

I have not used the X for studio work but I want to when I can get the kids to sit still long enough and in a pose that I put them in. But since I'm mom to them and not a strange person taking their pictures, then don't listen when I say "stay there". instead they move. The only reason I ended up with this half way decent picture was because I shot 3 frames a second. Now, with the X, I can shoot 8 frames a second and keep going until it fills up the buffer which I get about 35 pictures at one time and hope to do that soon. I would appreciate some critiqing. Please take into account that Alex ran when I tried to brush her hair and the only three things I did to the picture was a little healing to remove a bruise from her falling at her daycare, cropped it a little and saved for the web.

11. Darling little girl Melissa and I can see the family resemblance. Nicely done with smooth lighting.

12. Hi Yves,

Here is the picture I took of my daughter, Alexandria.

Unfortunatly, this was taken with the Fuji S2 (please don't shoot me...excuse the pun) which was right before the D2X came to my door. I had to do this for a class assignment on lighting.

I have not used the X for studio work but I want to when I can get the kids to sit still long enough and in a pose that I put them in. But since I'm mom to them and not a strange person taking their pictures, then don't listen when I say "stay there". instead they move. The only reason I ended up with this half way decent picture was because I shot 3 frames a second. Now, with the X, I can shoot 8 frames a second and keep going until it fills up the buffer which I get about 35 pictures at one time and hope to do that soon. I would appreciate some critiqing. Please take into account that Alex ran when I tried to brush her hair and the only three things I did to the picture was a little healing to remove a bruise from her falling at her daycare, cropped it a little and saved for the web.
    40950103. [/quote]

Precious Shot, I ilke the S2 Actually. It is a very good studio camera. Some of the best skintones around.

The little girl looks like she isa happy child.

13. Gordon

Thank you Gordon for the compliments and believe me she is really adored by me since she is my only daughter however, I do love my other ones too :) . I was looking for some feedback on lighting and it is appreciated. I just want to get really good at it and I know time is everything. I plan on getting back into practicing studio work when I get my three free...yes I said three free backdrops.

Here is the story on the backdrops. Last year, I ordered 3 backdrops and paid for them in full. The lady never sent them to me and when I requested that she refund my money, she would never answer me so recently, I contacted some authorities that handle web fraud and the sheriff in her district called me last week saying that he spoke to the woman and not only was she refunding my money but she is giving me the backdrops for my misfortune. She has until today to prove that she has a tracking number for the check and backdrops.

I never intended for her to give me the backdrops aside from my money but it is worth it since I had to pay interest on my credit card which I want to see if I can get that back from the credit card after I proved what she did to me.

14. Re: A D2X Skintone test ...For Yves

Thank you Yves for the compliment :)

15. Yves,
    In my opinion you are one of the best photographers... I was going to say on these forums but your work is as good as any I have seen anywhere. I appreciate your many contributions and your very beautiful work.

The self portrait you posted abover is a great example of the detail and color from a D2x. If it is not too much to ask, would you be able to take a quick shot under similar lighting with the D2h for a comparison.

I just ordered a D2h and I am a little nervous about all the various comments I have been reading about the color and detail (related to the limitation of the 4 mp image size) This would be a very interesting comparison for any in my position.

Thanks, and again, you are an inspiration. I'm not just saying that, I really mean it.

16. Re: A D2X Skintone test ...For Yves

Melissa. Beautiful girl! I guess dimples are geneticallyl transmitted. Will she be coming with you? I have five granddaughters and would love to keep her entertained.

Rich :D

17. here, let me post his D2H shot for him

original.

Notice the cooler skintones. Softer focus. Still another fine self portrait of him.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D [/img]

18. This, is in my opinion is the definative test showing the difference between the D2x and the D2h. The D2h brings out features in Yves face that the X could never pick up. Very flattering.

It doesn't get better than this.

Good one!!!