A dam Bird

Discussion in 'Birds' started by hangin tree, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Cedar Waxwing

2. Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee

May 16, 2006
    Every time I see one, I go "how incredible".

Nice image.
  3. spruce

spruce Guest

what great birds, I wish we had more around here. nice shot.

4. They have all but gone I was lucky to catch one. They have such fine feathers it makes pictures look soft.
  5. I think they come your way after they leave here.
  6. Gosh, that is a sweet shot of a gorgeous bird Gary - you're a Pro at this!
    I really enjoyed listening to your passion for this last weekend, thanks again for joining us at the dam.
  7. It was entirely my pleasure Frits, I hope you will come again and let me find you some neat shots.
  8. It's beautiful, Gary.
  9. Thank you very Much Phil

They are pretty much headed north now.
  10. Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Excellent catch Gary. Thanks so much for your great work at the Cafe get together last weekend. It was most appreciated by everyone. :smile:
  11. It was my pleasure, but we need more time for a few more stops, like Buck Island, Guntersville Farmers Market and The Cave hike before the south side of the dam. Not only birds but beaver, deer, bats, Owls and Hawks. I also found the nest of Coopers Hawks on the Stoney Mountian Golf Course. Also Manchester would be another great outing.
  12. Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Well, most everyone else has gone home, but I'm still here. Where are you going to be this weekend? I'm ready to go shoot. :smile:
  13. I have to be in Rome, Ga. at Daughters for Saturday and Sunday Easter.
  14. Gary -- Wonderful shot of one of my fav birds. What lens did you use -- the bokeh is outstanding.

15. Smooth as a babies bottom :smile: good one Gary.
  16. Thanks Paul

That was shot with a Canon 300mm f4 at f8, ISO 200, 1/250 and Exp= +1/3

Thanks Lou

That is really how they look even though the picture almost looks soft.
  17. What a beautiful photo! I saw some waxwings but they were in a cage :frown: at a rehabilitation center. Very beautiful little birds!
  18. They don't stay here very long only as they migrate north