a date with my 70-200 at the zoo

Discussion in 'Birds' started by satcat, Nov 23, 2005.

1. satcat

satcat

Nov 11, 2005
    Singapore
    the other day as i was putting my camera away in the dry cabinet after another day's shooting, my 70-200 said to me, "waah... you dont love me any more:Bohoo: "

a little flustered, i replied, "of course i do:confused: why do you say that?"

"you never take me out these days. you are always going out what that... 24-120:mad: "

well, you know what they say about "hell hath no fury like a lens scorned". had to quickly kiss and make up, so this trip to the zoo was the result:smile:

by the way, these were all handheld before the firmware upgrade. i am eagerly looking forward to testing after...

[​IMG]

introductions?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i shot this python thru glass/perspex and could hardly see anything on the lcd. amazing how much detail acr was able to retrieve!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

these are just fun pictures, but comments are still welcome and appreciated. thanks for viewing. enjoy!

2. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Well, these are interesting collection of shots. You apparently didn't save the exif data, so I can't comment too much. Don't even know what camera shot these. :confused: In CS doing a "Save As" vs a "Save For Web" will preserve the exif data. I will add that the Sheep & the Meerkat seem to be just a little overexposed though and the Tigers are a bit soft, esp the 1st one. The DOF on the 2nd seems a bit too shallow. Sorry if I seem too blunt, but that's me, and that's what I expect from others when they comment on my own pics. Nice work, love the Rhino and the birds' interaction! btw, welcome Cafe!

3. satcat

satcat

Nov 11, 2005
    Singapore
    hi steve, thanks for your post and this is just a quick note as i rush out the door - will respond more in detail later.

photos taken with the d2x and 70-200mm f/2.8. yes, i know about the "save as web" problems but more on that later.

ciao.

4. I really liked the Rhino shot, until I saw the Tiger shots! Very cool. Sometimes zoos can produce great results!

5. radz

radz

Nov 12, 2005
    NewDelhi,India
    satish,after watching you Bali shots ,I understood why your VR lens was missing you .
    Rhino shot is good.