A day at the races

Spring has finally sprung here in Nebraska. It was a great day at the local track.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks for taking time to comment. It looks to me like the horse is looking at my remote camera in the second.

Loving #1 Brad.
Lovely shot. it really shows the power of the horses.
I know this may sound dumb!, (I have this internal struggle myself with remotes?), but could you have used a slightly less wide lens to exclude the overhanging barrier?, or even a bracket on it to use it as the anchor?. I like the image, (great exposure), but find the railings too distracting!

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
EXCELLENT! Both images are superb! Love the unique perspective of the second ! The people and building across the track add a lot of interest to the image! I don't find the overhang that distracting....more interesting than distracting. It caused me to study the image even longer to theorize on how you got the shot! LOL! And with a 600mm no less!

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
I can't help myself, but everytime I read the threadtitle I'm reminded of the Queen record...

Very well photographed
Klaus

I've been working with track officials a lot this year. I'm shooting a feature story about the culture of the track. I have a few more horse photos on my shot list that hopefully I can capture in the next weeks and then turning the camera on the people side of racing. It's a lot of work but a lot of fun.

Last edited:
EXCELLENT! Both images are superb! Love the unique perspective of the second ! The people and building across the track add a lot of interest to the image! I don't find the overhang that distracting....more interesting than distracting. It caused me to study the image even longer to theorize on how you got the shot! LOL! And with a 600mm no less!
I agree with Karen. The perspective on #2 is very intriguing and complementary to the scene.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom