A day at the store

gho

Ximina visits the San Diego Wild Animal Park souvenir shop. Here's a little story of being a child:

Ximina tries out an elephant rocker in a souvenir shop display window. This childhood dream setting was enhanced with a diffusion filter.
20050227%20154538%203323.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Ximina discovers an elephant rocker and checks it out.
20050227%20173136%203581.jpg

Ximina finds a Hippo cookie that she ultimately ends up with.
20050227%20173722%203589.jpg

Ximina gives the cashier some money in exchange for the cookie, which she treasures in the little bag till she gets home and gobbles it up.
20050227%20174020%203599.jpg

A couple more extraneous shots:
Ximina contemplates the meaning of life.
20050228%20103220%203635.jpg

Ximina strikes a pose in one of her favorite dresses.
20050228%20102148%203604.jpg

PGB

Children make me so happy. I have often wondered how I ever survived before my wonderful wife and 2 boys. They are so precious, brutally honest, and kind.

Thanks for sharing,

Gregory,

I have to agree. I have three children, a nineteen year old daughter in her second year in college, an eight year old son who has taught me more about life than anyone else, and a five year old daughter who is my shining star :D
Many nights I come home home from work dragging and as soon as I enter the front door they are all over me. Their energy is contagious and I have to say they are the best thing that has ever happened to me :)
Wonderful pictures Gregory. Thanks for sharing them with us.

gho

Patrick: I used to not like kids until I had my own. Oh man what an experience. Your whole life and priority suddenly make a 180 degree shift and nothing else really matters any more.

My favorite part is their innocence.

Dave:
Wow, you're are all grown up. I anticipate those teen years must be difficult. My daughtes have tought me more about life than I aquired through my entire lifetime. She's even helped my thinking and photographic compositional skills. And she's only three.

Of course, my youngest one is just the opposite, but just as much fun. I'll have to get some shots of her.

gho

Gale & bendheim: Thanks! I'm glad you liked them. Funny Though, I don't have too many images of them. I really need to shoot my kids more often (with the camera that is).

gho

Steve: I love that shot. It's my favorite. The only thing is that I framed too tight and I don't like the composition. I think there's too much dead space on the right of the photo, but I don't want to cut my daughter's head, nor do I want to lose the rocker's rocking thing? (whatever that thing is called ;))

Gordon: Thanks! The last two, were test shots trying out my new lense.

Latest threads

Top Bottom