1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

A day at the Trout hatchery

Discussion in 'People' started by Lou Buscher, Sep 15, 2008.

1. In the Town of Sandwich on Cape Cod, the State raises many trout for stocking the area ponds for the fishing season. A visit is free and it is open all days from 9 AM to 3 PM. Many times a stray osprey can be seen stealing a trout dinner and a pair of beautiful Red Tail Hawks nests close by for the very same reason, great food. Also on an early morning you can catch the Great Blue Heron all standing on one spot on a net weighting it down so they can reach through for a fish. I will be trying for that photo. Many kids enjoy feeding and watching the trout fight for the food they throw to them.
    Lou

1 a Dad and his two children look at the fish in the water.
    2851153250_41afdd1495_o.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2 Here they are feeding the Brown Trout and if you look to the water, you can see one of the browns grabbing a mouthful
    2851153170_03816d279a_o.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. I used to love visiting fish farms as a kid. These are priceless!

3. Thanks sonyam and your right it is a really great spot to visit and I stop in all the time and have caught those red tails so many times and I almost think is I have a fish I could get one to come to my fist. They had 2 young this year and they are visiting also but I have yet to see them through a lens.
    Loui

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.