A day at Viera

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Kevin Scott, May 29, 2005.

1. Before Flew came down, I wanted to go to Viera to see the area and get a little practice in. Gale was kind enough to offer to meet me there and arranged for Harry and Trish to join us as well. We spent about 5 hours there total. What a place!

Here's a small sampling of what I saw. Comments welcome as well as critique. I struggled with the white birds flying as most ended up blown out to varying degrees. Not sure how to get better at that when you're shooting a dark bird with + ev then all of a sudden see a white bird fly by. Not enough time to make adjustments and still get the shot. Oh well...just gotta keep practising.

Here's a tricolor:
    [​IMG]

Here's a white egret:
    [​IMG]

We saw lots of these:
    [​IMG]

Don't remember what Harry called this. I think a Lesser Tern:
    [​IMG]

2. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Nice shots, Kevin! Sure do wish I could be there this week with everyone! Enjoy it!

3. Kevin....well done. :D :D :D

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hi there Kevin :>))

Awww tomorrow we get to see Pro Frank let er rip 100 frames per second...lolol

I especiall love the pose on the Great White Egret. That is great.

Turn flying ...cool shot.

So you got a Tricolor. Good one.

I see a tad red on that shot and the gator. Or maybe a tad oversaturation will do that to.

But this monitor plays tricks on me. I never know what I get sometimes till I send to printer.

I finally got the tricolor and the Lesser Turn flying as well.

See ya in the morning.

5. Thanks all for the comments! Gale, I redid the alligator but think it's too blue now. I originally monkeyed around with levels and curves so not sure where the color cast comes from unless that'll do it. I'll keep trying. Thanks for the comments.