A day in a forester's life

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by hillrg, Mar 28, 2007.

1. I love your office Rory :smile:

Real nice series of photos too. Sounds like you guys are getting the same wet weather we're getting down here. It's been a brutal 2-3 weeks. Today may be the first sign of the sun in weeks.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I really like your forest images
    Been a long time since you posted any
    Very beautiful still

3. Yep - same weather as you. :mad: How do you like the Leica?

4. Thanks Gale. Funny, I take many more bird photos, but it is the scapes I put on the wall...

5. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Excellent photos of some wonderfully introspective scenes. Thanks Rory.

6. Thanks Bob. Tough exposures.

7. Wish my office looked like that! Nice series Rory

8. Talk about an office with a view!! Wonderful images, love those million tones of green, Rory :smile:

9. I am sure your office is frequently a lot drier :biggrin:

10. Capturing the subtle tones is a real challenge. Every time I think I have it figured out I notice something else to improve. Printing greens and yellows is also a challenge.

11. Fantastic Rory, are there any job openings? Can you tell me what shutter speed the last one was taken at.

12. 2.5s, f/10, ISO100. I used a ND 64X filter that I always carry with me.

No job openings, but if you come to visit I can take you for a tour... :smile:

13. Dave_Canada

Dave_Canada Guest

Your pictures are inspirational I have nothing but grief doing forest images but I may give it another try this year.
    Very nice!!

14. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Why is it we love birds and pics of birds and they have to be perfect, have them printed and put landscape on the wall.

duhhhhhhhhhhh

Although I have to admit I have an Eagle print coming 16x20 on Metallic paper that WILL hang on the wall.
    Took me long enough to get that blankin picture:>))))))

15. Oooohh! Congrats Gale!

I do have a few birds on the wall... waiting to be replaced by fine scapes :biggrin:

16. sypher

sypher

May 24, 2006
    Cougar Country
    Great series rory...I especially like the last one!

17. Thanks Brian. And I did not get wet ...

18. Well, Rory, Nanaimo is a truly incredible place to live, for sure. Some very good friends of mine are going to build on North Pender, at Bald Cone. I plan on visiting often, and paddling around your islands. A wee wisp of magic dwells out there. I can understand the draw.... Pls share more of this stunning place on earth!

19. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Wish I were there. A very welcome viewpoint after such drab winter season. Very Nicely Done !

Regards

RFC