1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

A Day in the Park...

Discussion in 'People' started by Seneca, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    DAY_INPARK2.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. great use of selective color
    well done, seneca
    i like this one a lot

3. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Thank you Greg.

4. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Very Cool Shot!

5. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    Geat shot Sen. Hope you kept the camera safe from the nasty sand.

6. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Thank you:wink:

Oh definately Martin...I always put a plastic bag over my camera when I shoot where there is sand. However, I have never taken my camera to the beach. Can't afford to do that.

7. DanWhite

DanWhite

Jul 10, 2005
    Lansdale PA
    Seneca, great shot Love the selective color!!

Dan

8. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Thank you Dan. Hey I didn't know you were afflilated with NILMDTS.

9. Debbi

Debbi Guest

How sweet is that! Love it.

10. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    Seneca every image you post is AWESOME!!! I really like this one with the selective color. I showed it to my wife and she want's to know why I CAN'T do this!! I told her I'm lucky I know how to turn my camera ON. :eek: 

11. I like it Senecca, nice shot.

12. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Thank you Debbi :wink:

Awwww thank you so much!...You showed it to your wife? ... that is so sweet. I am so happy you like my work - I try really hard. You CAN do this...trust me...it's very easy. Thank you again...this is special to me.

Thank you Gordon. :biggrin:

13. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Lovely shot, Sen!!

14. DanWhite

DanWhite

Jul 10, 2005
    Lansdale PA
    I just started a few months ago, it is a great organization.

Dan

15. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    Yes Seneca I showed my wife. As soon as I saw it I LOVED it!! I knew she would too, and she did.

16. BarkisPhoto

BarkisPhoto

Jul 20, 2007
    New England
    Hi, Seneca -- nice image and cool use of the selective color as the matte color, too.

Best Regards,

17. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Thank you.:wink:

Do you have CS3? I can send you the directions.

Thank you...I couldn't decide if I should leave it black and white...but I decided that the main subject was the little girl and her main subject was the pail...so I wanted to highlight it. Thanks again.

18. Yo, Seneca! Very nice separation of the pale from the dirt that is in midair.

Consider using a charcoal or black frame instead of the green one if you haven't already tried that. I think the pale will actually stand out even more. I would also play around with different colors, such as red or yellow, which you also might have done.

In other words, choose to ignore everything I say except that I really like the image! Don't ignore that. :smile:

19. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Yo Mike - thanks for the comments. Yes I see what you're talking about. Actually really good advice. I actually had the image (mat) printed in black...so you and I were on the same brain wave. :wink:

Thanks again!

Sen

20. JessP7

JessP7

May 3, 2005
    North MS, USA
    I like the matching matte and pail. It emphasizes the color. I can't imagine a black matte looking better, but if that's the way that you printed it, it must have. I have noticed that a black matte makes colors stand out a little better, but I have never tried it on a selective color photo. I'll echo others in saying that I love looking at your posts. It doesn't seem like you are capable of posting a bad photo. Very talented. I'll just keep looking and hopefully one day, I'll learn a little something! :) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.