A Day in the Park

Discussion in 'People' started by gho, Sep 19, 2005.

1. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Okay, tell me the truth... Do these images suck or are they okay? I tried a new (well, okay... Old lense). This lense is the absolute worst lense I've ever used!

Here's a few from the test shoot:

Found Something - Ximina finds something interesting burried in the grass.
    [​IMG]

Looking at Weeds - Ximina has fun plucking weeds at the park.
    [​IMG]

What's This Stuff? - Sissi examines some strange thing on her finger.
    [​IMG]

Watching After Little Sister - Ximina watches over Sissi to make sure she doesn't fall into the revene.
    [​IMG]

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Gregory,

No, they don't suck. :rolleyes:

On my monitor, they look at tad hot, but not much. Otherwise, they are very sharp and well saturated. So what lens?

3. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Very nice Greg..

4. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Thanks - yeah, shot in bright sun - seems to always end up being hot.

Shot with the Quantaray 75-300 f/4-5.6 (though it registers as f/6 at the long end on my D70). I need some more reach, and I was messing around seeing if 300 would cut it. Don't know wether to go with a 80-400 VR or maybe just the 1.7 TE for my 70-200 VR.

5. Greg,

I think the lense is terribble and you should give
    it to me.......Just kidding :biggrin: .

On my monitor they are sharp, and the color really leaps off the screen.

BTW, the kids are cuties.

6. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Thanks for the compliments. Actually, if you want the lense, pay for S&H, and you can "borrow" it. I really is a POS though.

I can't decide on which long lense solution to go for. I do need something longer than 200mm.

7. I like them all except the last one. The first three are quite fetching and held my interest. Of course you kids are darling in all of them.

8. I think they are fantastic. I personally like the close up
    shots better. My fav would be Sissi examining her finger

Cheers,
    Robin

9. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Thanks... I've been considering a longer lense (the longest, not including this one, is 200mm). 300mm looks like it would work well (well at least on Nikon DSLRs). I'll have to give that 80-400VR a shot.

10. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Thanks - amazing bokeh even with a cheapie lense - but that's only because there's no spectacular highlights :/ Should have tested the lense with a busier background than a park - maybe I'll take it to Disneyland and do a test shoot there.

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I know I commented on this. Forgot the submit button A - G - A - I - N grrrrr...

I think they are GREAT.. Good color. Sharp images. Lens looks like a keeper Gregory.

Great pics of the girls.

They are so cute.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >submit button gale

12. Hi,

I like all the shots. But for once i don't agree with Greyflash about the last photo. I find it very nice shot but it maybe needs some cropping. It looks like the the girl on the right is dreaming about a ballet career. She is total dream state. She looks if she is in her dream world. That is what i love from children when they have these moments that everything is on autopilot like there not there.

So maybe you must crop that photo a bit more so you only have the girl on the right on the photo and some space in front of her.

Great candids/shots.

Greetings,
    VinceBeus

13. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    You did! (but in a different thread)... But I appreciate your lovely comments all over again :) Thanks!

14. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Hi Vince, I see what you're saying. I guess the older one on the right is a bit distracting - I saw it as "big sister looking after little sister" but I guess the pose is all wrong, and she's too much in focus. I'll crop her out and see how it looks. Thanks for the sugguestion.

15. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    I think they are very nice

Can't wait to see what you can do with a "good" lens.

16. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Yeah, me too... But I can't afford any good long glass. I'm going to give the 80-400VR a try and see how that works out.

Here's one that was shot with the 85/1,4:
    [​IMG]

Here's one shot with a 50/1,8:
    [​IMG]

17. Gregory, these are absolutely loving images of a family's tranquil life... New or old lens, the feelings one gets from that photos (warm or cold) are very pleasant.

OT: continuing our "discussion" over at the other side... I'm planning to "construct" an aquarium at my place... I've done my google homework but I would appreciate it if you could give any info/hint on that matter. Thanks

18. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    #1 Patience - the only thing you'll need in this hobby.

are you planning a marine tank? If so, you can check out ReefCentral

Use the above link if you register - I'll get brownie points ;)

If you have any specific questions, feel free to email me any time.