A day in the studio

Discussion in 'People' started by Joe Marques, Dec 11, 2005.

1. Rented a studio today for some (non-traditional) holiday pics for friends kids and my family (used my own gear/lights/bg/etc). Shooting 3 sets of kids makes for a loooooong day. :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking. Comments always weclome.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2005
  2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Hi Joe - it's nice to see your family once again. It seems that both your son and daughter have grown since the last pictures of them I've seen. And isn't that little guy enjoying himself in #1! Your technique seems to have both stabilized and evolved. These shots are fantastic, I think I'm gonna switch to Canon gear too.

Oh wait, everything but that last phrase is true. :wink:

3. Great shots, despite the crappy equipment :biggrin:

4. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Your pictures just proof that equipment doesn't matter (much). It's the (wo)man behind the camera that makes a picture come to life. Really nice shots. You have a great way with the kids.

5. radz

radz

Nov 12, 2005
    NewDelhi,India
    Shooting kids&making them to pose tough job !!:)Kidding.Beautiful portrait shots.

6. Joe, next thing would be to rename the cafe into Nikonitte Cafe... :biggrin: and I know just the right person to design the logo... :cool:

Great studio-kids-lighting technique! Your models seem to grow fast as well as your skills! :wink:

7. Very nice shots, Joe. #3 and the last one are my favorites! Which lens were you using for these?

8. Joe,
    These are all great shots. For me #2 is my favorite. I particularly like you posing technique with these.

I still seem to have the hardest time posing young kids and not having it look too stiff. You have achieved this with these shots.

9. Who cares what equipment was used. Great portraits. Thanks for posting. I especially like #s 3 and 5.

10. jjdesanto1

jjdesanto1

May 1, 2005
    Warwick, N.Y.
    John DeSanto
    Nice shots, Joe

Seems like you've got the studio lighting stuff mastered.

Great work!

11. Hi Joe...my favorites are 4 and 5...Gee I can't get my kids to sit for 5 minutes so that is why I don't take studio pictures of them.

12. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    :biggrin: I love it!

13. Excellent series of shots Joe. You have handled the lighting very well. Of course #5 is my favorite. Your kids have grown up some since I last saw portraits of them. Your little guy is as cute as ever but looks like he is not really enjoying the shoot.

14. Haha Melissa stop giving him candy with alot of sugar haha. And who says you need to sit still for 5 minutes. The only thing they have to do is to stay in part that you are photographing. So make boundries around the studio place (like a crime scene). And tell them they can do two things sit still and let mammie make some pictures and they can go play in 5 minutes again. Or they can jump around and mammie keeps on making photos until she sees one good photo on the back of her camera.

Else you must apply for the SuperPhotographicNanny who helps with children who can't sit still for few minutes. :tongue:

15. I'd like to thank everyone for the kind words in this thread. Much appreciated. To answer Kevin's question - Canon 24-105L f4 IS was used for all shots. Best zoom lens I've ever owned.