A day in the Tetons

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Terri French, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Greg and I took advantage of a couple of vacation days and some great weather and spent a day hiking in Grand Teton National Park. I know, I know, I am so lucky we can make day trips there.......

It was such a nice diversion from all the bad news on the TV that I've been following lately. More to come.....

original.gif

View attachment 261383

View attachment 261384

2. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Hey Terri,

awesome shots,

Really like number 2 and 3, they are superb, the first shot, leaves me wanting to see more, I like the layers and other aspects of the image, but I was wanting to see more of what I was missing. :biggrin: Hard to explain, Regardless, love #1 too, just telling you that I WANT MORE PICS! More sweeping vistas, more more more more........ (I feel like a 2 year old right now! :wink: )

congrats on some great work. Your post work is just superb, great eye, great details and feeling.

Wade

3. Well Terri, I would whole heartedly second what Wade has said. Simply outstanding images, #1 is striking but I also want to see what's out there on the ends.

4. These are spectacular. As you know, I can never get enough Teton photos. My brothers and I were supposed to go up there this past weekend, but the plans fell through. Thanks for showing what we missed.

5. #2 does it the most for me, it feels very authentic.

6. Terri,

Honestly amazing work. Your photos have been a strong inspiration to me since I joined here in 2008. You really should teach a class in landscape photography (if you don't already) and post-processing the images, your composition and grasp of colors is just amazing.

jp

7. Terri,

I always enjoy viewing your photos--and these are no exception.

I once had the experience of completing a 65 mile backcountry trip through the Tetons with my brother. What an experience that was!

Glenn

8. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    WOW Teri

as I said in my last post in your other thread, I very rarely get a chance to look here but spotted these with your name and I knew they would be good.

I have to say, for me, breathtaking....

Wonderful Images Teri

Best wishes

Ray

9. Holmes

Holmes

Oct 28, 2006
    Wyoming, USA
    Excellent captures, Terri. That third one is my favourite.

10. All terrific. I like the first one the best, though. Spentabulous!

11. beautiful work Terri.

12. Bright Angel

Bright Angel Guest

More beautiful Teton shots on NC :biggrin:

You are so lucky to live a hop, skip and a jump away.

Fall in the UK is this.
    Leaves are green.
    Leaves start to turn brown.
    Weather is winding with constant rain.
    Leaves hit the ground.
    The End :biggrin:

13. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Gorgeous! Love The First One!

14. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Beautiful as always. Looking forward to seeing your autumn colors :)

15. Masa

Masa

Feb 27, 2006
    San Jose, CA
    Nice pics. I was there 2 weeks ago, and looked totally different. It was raining half the time, when I was there.

16. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Thanks so much, Wade. I wish I had more time to work on post processing some of the others I took. We are having a gorgeous fall. I hope to get out more.

Thanks, Louis. Guess No. 1 didn't work so well. There wasn't anything on the ends to see. One side had a road. The brightly lit trees were what caught my eye. Often the Tetons are hard to photograph because there isn't a lot of variety in the sagebrush areas, which makes for boring foregrounds.

Oh, too bad you had to miss being there. It is really beautiful right now with very few people. For the first couple of hours of our hike we didn't come across any other people on the trail.

17. lr0868

lr0868

May 25, 2008
    henderson, nv
    I am so jealous, gorgeous shots!

18. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Thanks so much. The hike around those lakes and enjoying the reflections was so much fun.

Jay,
    You are way too kind. I could never teach a class; I still have too much to learn myself. Thank you so much for your encouragement. I just keep trying to improve and learn more every day.

I bet that was a fabulous experience. Wish I could do something like that-----maybe if I was 20 years younger....

19. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Thanks so much Ray, Holmes, Rich and Dave. I'm glad you enjoyed looking at the photos.

20. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Darn....that doesn't sound like any fun at all. Idaho has rough winters but our autumns are so nice. When we are so cold this winter you can tell me that your weather is better than ours.:biggrin: