A different kind of pretty

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Terri French, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    We live near a reservoir that is very popular for water sports. We took the kids waterskiing the other night and the moonrise was beautiful. The landscape is a stark desert landscape--some people think is ugly. Do these pictures work, or are they boring. I saw the moonrise and I like them because I was there, so I am not unbiased.

View attachment 12324

2. Wow, Terry. I wish I was there. The contrast between the desert-scapes, including the allusion to the moon, and the water is superb.
    My preference goes to the second one : here the moon comes as a surprise, and we dicover it follwing the graphic line of the down slope. It is also well placed in its third upper right corner.
    As for the first one, I would suggest a tight vertical crop, w/o the beach and the last big boeat on the left. Just a matter of personal taste.
    Thanks for sharing - it's a pleasure to look at.

3. Hi Terry

This type of landscape is very challenging in my opinion. The composition has to be right and the post processing is subtle. I like what you have done.

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Great captures Terri. Both are great but the first is my favorite. Very tranquil shots. Great job as usual.

5. Terri, I like the first one a lot. The lighting is VERY nice.

6. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Well done, Terri! Both are nice shots. It is a rather stark landscape, but you've done a good job of creating interest.