A different kind of pretty

We live near a reservoir that is very popular for water sports. We took the kids waterskiing the other night and the moonrise was beautiful. The landscape is a stark desert landscape--some people think is ugly. Do these pictures work, or are they boring. I saw the moonrise and I like them because I was there, so I am not unbiased.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 12324

Wow, Terry. I wish I was there. The contrast between the desert-scapes, including the allusion to the moon, and the water is superb.
My preference goes to the second one : here the moon comes as a surprise, and we dicover it follwing the graphic line of the down slope. It is also well placed in its third upper right corner.
As for the first one, I would suggest a tight vertical crop, w/o the beach and the last big boeat on the left. Just a matter of personal taste.
Thanks for sharing - it's a pleasure to look at.

Hi Terry

This type of landscape is very challenging in my opinion. The composition has to be right and the post processing is subtle. I like what you have done.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom