A Different Kind of Sunset

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by jfenton, Jun 7, 2005.

1. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Be honest...does this work at all???

I went out to shoot sunset as there were towering thunderheads and the damn things dried up just before the sun set.

I was sitting on my butt in the field and when I looked through the viewfinder....this is what I saw.

Please be honest and tell me if it s*cks.

Thanks!

original.

2. I love it.

3. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    4labs

You weren't supposed to say that.

Now I'm gonna have to go out and intentionally shoot these and attempt to get some real composition.

Thanks a bunch :)

4. Sorry I just call it like I see it. .. There were great clouds in the sky today here as well and I ran out to catch a great sunset . I wasn't fortunate enough to salvage anything.

5. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    I like it but my opinion is coloured I always love settings and risings

6. jkamphof

jkamphof Guest

No way it sux! This shot is beautiful. I'm sure there is something to critique but who cares! You have nice colours, a good silouette and nothing really distracting the eye. I think it works well.

Joel.

7. I love it too, very tranquil mood is inspired by it.

8. Jim:

Looks good to me. Sorry, I just think you became a landscape shooter besides a bird shooter. Things could be worse you know.

Gil

9. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I'm w/everyone else...It's just a nice shot! I can't wait to see what you get when you are ACTUALLY trying....make sure to post when you do.... ;-)