A different slant on golden gate bridge, San Francisco

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by obelix, Apr 10, 2005.

1. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    From today, 70-200 VR & B+W polarizer, very minimum processing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    gate comments

numbers 4 and 5 are my favorites. You caught the distinguishing feature of the bridge even if the whole thing is not shown. Anyone that has been there will recognize where you are.

Nice approach.

3. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Thanks Greg.

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    I haven't been where ever it was that you got these shots (it looks like you were in a helicopter). Please elaborate. 8)

Very nice pics BTW. :wink:

Frank

5. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Frank

This was in a place called Battery Park / Spencer, a very nice vista point where you get the closest to golden gate bridge [other than walking on it of course]. You are also very high up and mid way in the height of the bridge's frames, so you get an amazing perspective as well.

You typically get to see shots like these from here:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So, this time, I composed using very long lenses so that I used the bridge only for its lines and for framing and focused on bringing downtown or other elements like the boat.

If you need more specifics of how to get to this spot, let me know.

6. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Thanks Roman. I visit the place at least once a month, so I guess I have to start trying different things now :)

7. Great shots!! All of them!! :) :) :) :)

8. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Thanks again, Bryan.

9. I like the perspective like seeing differnt points of views of the same type of shots you have done well here.

10. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Thanks Mike.

11. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    # 2 and 3 are unique and instantly recognizable - excellent! I love the city, and you've really done it up well!

12. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Thanks Chris. Going to the same spot repeatedly has its benefits :)

13. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Anand,

Well I really hope that I'm not out that way soon, because that would mean that I got on an airplane (I don't like airplanes....;-)).

If I do get out that way though, you better believe that I'll give you a call. I'd love to get together and shoot. :p

Regards,

Frank

14. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    I remember that :).

Sure, please call me. I would be more than happy to Take you for a ride and show the place :). Give yourself some time so that you can check out Yosemite and Mono Lake as well.

15. Bubba

Bubba

Apr 12, 2005
    Alabama
    Awesome shots of a place I really want to visit. Very nice.

16. Stunning shots of a great landmark. Was out there 15 months ago to shoot a wedding and fell in love with that city. For a moment I thought you were up in a chopper and thought "man, that VR really works well!". Never knew about Battery Park.
    These are very good shots - you must be proud!
    Cheers, Sandi

17. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Thanks Bubba and Sandi.

Chopper :), I would save that $ for a 17-55 [I am *that* crazy]