A different slant on golden gate bridge, San Francisco

From today, 70-200 VR & B+W polarizer, very minimum processing.

19304823-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

19304824-L.jpg

19304825-L.jpg

19304826-L.jpg

19304827-L.jpg

19304828-L.jpg

19304829-L.jpg

19304830-L.jpg

19304834-L.jpg

gate comments

numbers 4 and 5 are my favorites. You caught the distinguishing feature of the bridge even if the whole thing is not shown. Anyone that has been there will recognize where you are.

Nice approach.

I haven't been where ever it was that you got these shots (it looks like you were in a helicopter). Please elaborate. 8)

Very nice pics BTW. :wink:

Frank

Frank

This was in a place called Battery Park / Spencer, a very nice vista point where you get the closest to golden gate bridge [other than walking on it of course]. You are also very high up and mid way in the height of the bridge's frames, so you get an amazing perspective as well.

You typically get to see shots like these from here:

10075553-M.jpg

10075551-M.jpg

So, this time, I composed using very long lenses so that I used the bridge only for its lines and for framing and focused on bringing downtown or other elements like the boat.

If you need more specifics of how to get to this spot, let me know.

obelix said:
Frank

This was in a place called Battery Park / Spencer, a very nice vista point where you get the closest to golden gate bridge [other than walking on it of course]. You are also very high up and mid way in the height of the bridge's frames, so you get an amazing perspective as well.

You typically get to see shots like these from here:

10075553-M.jpg

10075551-M.jpg

So, this time, I composed using very long lenses so that I used the bridge only for its lines and for framing and focused on bringing downtown or other elements like the boat.

If you need more specifics of how to get to this spot, let me know.

Anand,

Well I really hope that I'm not out that way soon, because that would mean that I got on an airplane (I don't like airplanes....;-)).

If I do get out that way though, you better believe that I'll give you a call. I'd love to get together and shoot. :p

Regards,

Frank

Flew said:
Anand,

Well I really hope that I'm not out that way soon, because that would mean that I got on an airplane (I don't like airplanes....;-)).

If I do get out that way though, you better believe that I'll give you a call. I'd love to get together and shoot. :p

Regards,

Frank

I remember that :).

Sure, please call me. I would be more than happy to Take you for a ride and show the place :). Give yourself some time so that you can check out Yosemite and Mono Lake as well.

Stunning shots of a great landmark. Was out there 15 months ago to shoot a wedding and fell in love with that city. For a moment I thought you were up in a chopper and thought "man, that VR really works well!". Never knew about Battery Park.
These are very good shots - you must be proud!
Cheers, Sandi

Latest threads

Top Bottom