1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

A Different Twist to IR (Artistic)

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by 3whiteroses, Jul 14, 2008.

1. 3whiteroses

3whiteroses

May 23, 2008
    Maryland
    I have been experimenting with texture and decided to play around with IR. I took this photo on vacation last week in Williamsburg -

2669767466_58a4acf787_b.

2. Wow Angela this is awesome! Nice blending and contrast. This one is a winner!

3. Gnarl

Gnarl

Jun 25, 2008
    Fairfax, VA
    Wow! Feels like I'm back 200 years ago.

4. Very nicely done! I really like this!

5. VERY nice twist! What a great result.

Ted

6. ArtO

ArtO

Jun 14, 2008
    Florida
    Terrific shot. Reminds me of an antique tintype.

7. domesticfr8

domesticfr8

May 10, 2007
    NORTH TEXAS
    Wow!!

I like that, very nicely done!!

8. 3whiteroses

3whiteroses

May 23, 2008
    Maryland
    Thank you everyone for the comments! I like to experiment sometimes I win and sometimes I loose.

9. Very creative use of IR, way to go Angela.

10. Casket28

Casket28 Guest

Good image, however, it looks too "digital" to me. I think i would have negated the frame, and put something closer to what an actual tintype/ambrotype looks like..

But thats just my taste :) 

11. 3whiteroses

3whiteroses

May 23, 2008
    Maryland
    Hey Casket28 thanks for your input - I really was not going for the tintype - I was really just playing around with textures and photos. I also post on flickr and one of my contacts designed the texture and he is gracious enough to let people use them for free. Being a person who is still in the new stage of photography I love to try things out - sometime you win and sometime you loose, but you never know until you try.

As for your taste - that is okay - we all have our preferences - that is what makes art so great!

Thanks so much for leaving feedback.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.