A Different Twist to IR (Artistic)

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by 3whiteroses, Jul 14, 2008.

1. 3whiteroses

3whiteroses

May 23, 2008
    Maryland
    I have been experimenting with texture and decided to play around with IR. I took this photo on vacation last week in Williamsburg -

2669767466_58a4acf787_b.png

2. Wow Angela this is awesome! Nice blending and contrast. This one is a winner!

3. Gnarl

Gnarl

Jun 25, 2008
    Fairfax, VA
    Wow! Feels like I'm back 200 years ago.

4. Very nicely done! I really like this!

5. VERY nice twist! What a great result.

Ted

6. ArtO

ArtO

Jun 14, 2008
    Florida
    Terrific shot. Reminds me of an antique tintype.

7. domesticfr8

domesticfr8

May 10, 2007
    NORTH TEXAS
    Wow!!

I like that, very nicely done!!

8. 3whiteroses

3whiteroses

May 23, 2008
    Maryland
    Thank you everyone for the comments! I like to experiment sometimes I win and sometimes I loose.

9. Very creative use of IR, way to go Angela.

10. Casket28

Casket28 Guest

Good image, however, it looks too "digital" to me. I think i would have negated the frame, and put something closer to what an actual tintype/ambrotype looks like..

But thats just my taste :)

11. 3whiteroses

3whiteroses

May 23, 2008
    Maryland
    Hey Casket28 thanks for your input - I really was not going for the tintype - I was really just playing around with textures and photos. I also post on flickr and one of my contacts designed the texture and he is gracious enough to let people use them for free. Being a person who is still in the new stage of photography I love to try things out - sometime you win and sometime you loose, but you never know until you try.

As for your taste - that is okay - we all have our preferences - that is what makes art so great!

Thanks so much for leaving feedback.