A Different wedding (well for me)

One of my wife's best friends from high school got married this weekend, a two day event with the first half being Hindu service and the second a Christan service. I must say one of the more fun weddings I have been to in a while. Both families were very in to both services, even with a attire change between both services.
Note: I was not the photographer, nor do i claim to be a wedding photographer, just a GWC.... (guest with camera). One thing i do need to play with more is EV on my flash...... Some came out great, some not so usable.....Also as this was a two day event I did get a chance to speak with Pro photographer, he had no problem me taking pictures, and he and his assistant were shooting Nikon....:)

Groom in the first service,
K3.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Bride, should have shot it without flash or changed EV
K4.jpg

Bride and groom after the second service. The main Photographer and his assistant were having a discussion on how long they were suppose to work, and who was doing what. As the sun set, so I asked hey mind if i grab a shot, positioned them on a fire place and .... the Pro used them in the same place for his formals. Also, with a little "Woody treatment", I might redo the eyes again.
K2.jpg

No changes other than levels
k1.jpg

I think over all need more practice and an off camera flash bracket for stuff like this.

You did an excellent job Robert!! Great colors, great lighting...some blown highlights, but nothing too major!! The first shot of the B&G, is it me, or does the brides face look fake?? Was that her makeup or did you process her face in post?

Yep, I was playing with , trying " Czechman's technique for creating smooth,
natural skin in Photoshop" and over did it a bit (a bit meaning a lot). My second go around with it looked a little more natural, I try to post it in the morning. Thanks.

Cool...when using Woody's tutorial, you have to be very careful with the opacity of the blurred layer. Typically that should be used on portraits/headshots, where the face is your focal point and that's all there is.

In your example, there's really not enough space for you to work with. In that situation, you could just use the healing tool and maybe the clone tool to remove slight blemishes, etc.

Latest threads

Top Bottom