A dose of reality; I went back to "you know where&quot

Melissa tried to make a point and got trashed. Those people are nuts over there!

Now there is a furor over a perceived green cast on the "$6000" D2X LCD and everyone should beseige Nikon to fix this.

Ah......back to the tranquility and serenity of the cafe......ooommmmmmm
:roll:

Rich

Rich,

Why do you think that 535+ folks have stopped into this little backwater on the net? There really are a bunch of nice folks out there, that want nothing more than to discuss photography (and what dog to get....;-)) with like minded individuals. It doesn't take but a few bad apples to spoil things for everyone, and there is no doubt that this is what's going on 'over there'.

We just have to be vigilant, so that we don't end up with the same problem.

very good Sam! I liked that one. I never registered at the "other place" but one evening of trolling made me green also. It wasn't with envy iether!

what DOG to get.. dog????? come on, at least consider a cat! LMAO...
Seriously, this little corner of the world is a piece of sanity.

Re: A dose of reality; I went back to "you know where&

Rich Gibson said:
Melissa tried to make a point and got trashed. Those people are nuts over there!

Now there is a furor over a perceived green cast on the "$6000" D2X LCD and everyone should beseige Nikon to fix this.

Rich

Thanks Rich, I did try to make a point over there and I also took up for Harris because he was being attacked by others. I can't stand someone attacking others for dumb reasons or otherwise. That is not the way it should be on a so called pro photography forum. I don't let them people get the best of me. I ignore them when I can.

Rich Gibson said:

Rich

Perceived my patootie, of COURSE it is there, EVERYBODY knows that. And just because I am the very kind-hearted and considerate fellow that I am, I am willing to take every one of those crummy D2X's off of the hands of those who have them. I'll even pay the shipping myself. And you know, you who own them, that if it hasn't happened yet, it most certainly will. So, take me up quickly on this offer, I only have room for the first 1,000 or so.

Oh, did I ever mention that I like green? Not as much as blue, but green isn't a bad second choice :wink: :wink:

One thing you have to say about "that place", consistent it is....... :lol:

Hello,

>> Those people are nuts over there <<

I'll bite, I am new here and keep hearing about "over there" Where is that?

I have a feeling I am setting myself up for a knock on the head!

Thanks,

I really do not understand why folks even go there and get into these obviously out of control situations.

mcampos said:
I'll bite, I am new here and keep hearing about "over there" Where is that?

Over there would be DPReview. The site still has some great information on it and the reviews while most of the time not posted fast, are good. I still visit over there, becasue like I said there is still a lot of good info there, but the whole feel of posting on the forums is different.

Thanks Todd,

I go there once in a while to read reviews, but never even looked at the forums. I don't enjoy some of the places in the Internet where people seem to be on a shouting match competition most of the time. That is why this place feels so nice.

Gale said:
I really do not understand why folks even go there and get into these obviously out of control situations.

Gale, one of my other "hobbies" is bowling. I am a scratch bowler. I miss far too many spares. I bitterly complain when I throw what looks like a great ball and leave a 10-pin even though I know it was really my fault. I say "I'm never doing this again, it sucks!". Yet, every week, at least twice, I go back and do it all over again. Ever single bit of it. It is even worse than Ground Hog day, because I have to PAY MONEY to go through this frustration, but I do it anyway.

At least with DPReview I don't have to PAY for it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Does that make it more undersatandable? Hmmm, now that I look at this, I don't think it explains much.......except that I am nuts......... :wink: And maybe just a touch masochistic..... :wink: :wink:

Retief said:
Perceived my patootie, of COURSE it is there, EVERYBODY knows that. And just because I am the very kind-hearted and considerate fellow that I am, I am willing to take every one of those crummy D2X's off of the hands of those who have them. I'll even pay the shipping myself. And you know, you who own them, that if it hasn't happened yet, it most certainly will. So, take me up quickly on this offer, I only have room for the first 1,000 or so.

:lol:

Nice try Bill! :?

Latest threads

Top Bottom