1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

A favorite port-of-call for recreation boaters: the Port of Ilwaco, WA

Discussion in 'Wanderlust and Travel' started by Kim Cimmery, Nov 8, 2018 at 12:03 PM.

1. PCIlwaco4428_001.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018 at 12:21 PM
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Hi,
    I am still learning how to submit an image/thread. I think it should be showing now. Sorry for the issue.
    -Kim

3. Nice! Love that part of the wet side. When I lived in Oly (working for Wash State Parks) I was in that neck of the woods a lot.
    Cheers!

4. socrdude

socrdude

Jun 5, 2009
    USA-Today
    Its a nice location for sure, just up the hill is Cape D and North Head Light house... visit those often..

5. Cool shot, I've in Ilwaco and area for most of the week, going to Astoria for the day today. This is a great location for general photography.

6. Thanks for viewing the image. The Ilwaco area has many photo opportunities. Two lighthouses (North Head and Cape Disappointment), the haunted lighthouse keeper house at North Head, Cape Disappointment State Park. The Port of Ilwaco has a lot of commercial marine activity, charter fishing, and is a great walking area. The communities of Seaview, Long Beach, Oysterville are to the north and Astoria is a few miles away on the Oregon side. Many places to capture inclement weather shots.

7. Nicely composed shot. Makes me miss that area. Lived in Longview/Keslo area for eight years and spent a lot of time on the coast. Did a lot of bicycle rides around there.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.