A favorite

Discussion in 'People' started by Shellie, Jun 27, 2007.

1. This is one of my favorites of my daughter. I know it could be better technically. I tried cropping it but it seemed off when I did.

DSCN1084.

2. Well she is a cutey and and carry's this off nicely with the current crop. Leave it and enjoy. Love her blue eyes and enigmatic smile.

3. Thanks Gordon. I can photograph her all day. She loves it too. So what could I do to make it better?

4. Dave_Canada

Dave_Canada Guest

Wow!! blue eyes..
    To me it looks like a on camera flash was used which is ok but a little light reflected on the sides with some type of reflector would help and reduce the exposure a stop or two.
    also notice some red eye also use the red eye function on your camera's flash

5. I took this with my Coolpix8800 (which doesn't get used anymore since getting my D40x :smile:). Yes, the on camera flash was used.
    I do use the red eye function but I always get red eye in her photos.

6. Niecy

Niecy Guest

WOW what a cutie she is. Beautiful eyes and smile. I can see why you like to photograph her, she is precious.

7. Thanks Juanice. We think she's a cutie! She's quite the ham too!

8. Get your flash off camera allowing more directional lighting, watch your background, crop to move your daughter more to the left or right of the frame and let the background go dark. She is a doll and would be a delight to photograph. Also, try some natural light images either with her by a window or in your garage. We call the later garage photo's.

9. Thanks Gordon. It was one of those spontaneous things.

I'm going to try some natural light shots this week.

10. Duschoolboy

Duschoolboy

Dec 17, 2006
    Her eyes are hypnotizing! She is very beautiful.

11. I like it just fine the way it looks. As long as You like it.....

12. Thanks, Mike.

Doug, I think I like it because I think she's a cutie and that image shows it. But I know it could be better... like the background, the slight red eye... I have a lot to learn. Of course, that was taken with my Coolpix 8800 so it is a typical P&S shot, I guess.

Now that I have my D40x I want to learn to use it to it's potential. I have an F100 that I love but never learned to use like I should. I'm not going to make that mistake again.