1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

A Few(7) From Around the House

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by monkay, Jul 30, 2008.

1. monkay

monkay

Jun 12, 2008
    New Jersey
  2. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    Very nice Dave. I like the composition and feel of #3, but they're all nice.

3. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Firstly by "around the house" I assume you mean around the garden, that or you have some seriously elaborate house plants! :smile:

My favourite images are 5 and 7, I like the composistion and colours.

The one that really doesn't work for me is 6, it seems dull and there isn't enough going on.

4. I agree with Paul and Robert's comments, surprise surprise. I also like the shadow in the hibiscus macro, and the moth takeoff in #7. Good set. In number six, I almost think it would be prettier (in an impressionistic kind of look) to not even have the main subject!

5. monkay

monkay

Jun 12, 2008
    New Jersey
    I appreciate all the feedback! Robert these actually are in various spots around the house. My mom just plants junk all over the place, I just never really inspected it until I got a camera. :D 

I think #6 is my least favorite, the way it looks there is with auto color in PS...too bad it looks nothing like that in real life. I thought it gave it a sort of Japanese look, but it would have been nice if the focus was a bit sharper. ...Next time

Thanks again for the comments =D

6. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Ahh, I see you developing a healthy appreciation of what others would consider junk... you're well on the way to becoming a true artist my friend

7. I like 3 and 4, even though I can not seem to find a focus point in the flower, I keep coming back to it, and that is a bit odd for me since I am not a big soft focus fan, I still like it. keep the shots coming.

8. very nice series
    #s 2 and 4 are my favorites
    i really enjoyed them

9. I actually really like #6. I like the impressionistic take, and the lonely subject, with the lonely bug.

My favorites are 5, 6, and 7, although I'm not sure I like the bug in 7. Just curious - what lens did you use for 5 and 7?

Kristin

10. monkay

monkay

Jun 12, 2008
    New Jersey
    thanks for the comments guys =D

5 and 7 were shot with my 55-200mm VR

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.