A few (8) from my trusty CP5700

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by J.Alan, Jun 17, 2007.

1. The CP 5700 was my first "real" digital camera, and I got it waaaaay back in December 2004. I really like the images it produes, and the swivel screen is a very nice feature, especially for low close-ups.

As time and my skill level have moved on, the CP 5700 fell into disuse. One reason, besides its relative slowness, was that the sensor was not producing images of the quality I was used to.

I found out that the sensor had a factory recall, and had it fixed. I got it back about 3 days ago, and it is now up to its old self once again!

Here are a few from this weekend:

Some Day Lilies:

original.

View attachment 101310

View attachment 101311

View attachment 101312

The underside of a nasty tick that I pulled off the dog:

View attachment 101313

View attachment 101314

Laura Beth (with a bit of a green cast from the leaves above)

View attachment 101315

And Sadie, our cat

View attachment 101316

2. Very nice!! Those earlier Coolpixes couldn't be beat! I loved my 990 and 995 -- they're still hanging out in the cabinet, but haven't been touched in a long time....

Those macro shots are wonderful! My favorite is the orange one -- Mmmm!

3. Thank you, Connie, for

commenting.

I do like the macro feature of my CoolPix, especially with the swivel screen. I can get close without having to contort myself into some odd position.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    That is a great camera!!!!!!!!!!!

I really love 3 and 4.

All are nice

5. Thank you, Gale.

Yes, the CP 5700 does a good job all around, and I feel like I have a great deal of creativity with that model. I just wish start-up and response times were quicker. It would be much easier to carry that than my 30 lbs of DSLR stuff!

6. Trey USAF

Trey USAF Guest

Very nice macro shots! I have a Kodak 6490 that won't do the same:)

7. Wow Joe, those are great. I had one too from early 2004 until I bought a D70 in the summer of 2005...at which time I sold the camera. I really liked mine too, except for the shutter lag. In fact, one of my favorite pictures that I have in my office was with that camera. It would be neat if they would update the concept. I would buy a all-in-one with, what a 28-280 zoom...that makes movies as well. The movie feature is actually pretty handy sometimes.

8. Thank you, Trey.

The CP 5700 really excells at macros. That is the main reason I like to still use it.

9. Hey, Mason.

It would be nice to have another release of the CP 5700 with a much faster response time (and better movie feature, too). I would likely use the all-in-one for most shots as it would covers about all my needs.

10. canuck4everr

canuck4everr

Aug 29, 2006
    Nice pics!
    I have the 5700 also, i also found it does gr8 macros and landscapes.
    trying to manual focus or capture anything moving faster than turtle was difficult.
    my 5700 sensor died , but was replaced out of warrenty due to a service advisory.

11. WOW! Really nice images all of them

12. Hi, Chris.

The 5700 certainly does not compete in the speed arena, but for macros and things where you have time to focus and compose, it is hard to beat.

13. Thanks for commenting, Dave.

Hope all is well in VA. We are headed up to Winchester and the Blue Ridge Parkway later this summer. It's a beautiful part of the country.