A few Avocets

Discussion in 'Birds' started by mike mac, Oct 22, 2005.

1. I know you are probably sick of seeing these birds but they were so much fun to watch here is a few more from Gordon and my trip to Bombay Hook NWR
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very beautiful Mike,
    Interesting bird for sure.

3. Can't get tired of these beautiful birds Mike. Really love image #3.

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Not tired at all Mike. These are excellent shots. I really like the third one.

Keep 'em coming. :smile:

5. I gotta agree - that third shot is special!

6. bfjr

bfjr Guest

As I was scrolling down to see your shots ........... stopped cold on the third one....... now that's a cool shot :cool:

And to I like the muddy foot......... I guess I'm just a foot guy :biggrin: I liked Gordon's version too !!

7. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Hey Mike -
    I'm glad you posted your avocet shots. All very good, and as everyone else has said #3 is a stunner. Where the heck was I looking when that happened? :frown:
    Gordon

8. Mike
    These are outstanding images. as others have mentioned, number 3 is a wallhanger.
    Dave

9. Can't get sick of them :smile:
    Stilts and avocets are my favorite shorebirds really like 3 and 4. 1 love on the wing shots but there is something very graceful about them just wading.
    Since I have yet to get a good flying shot that my excuse and I'm sticking to it :biggrin:

Rich

10. That last one is killer, Mike. Looks like he's wearing boots!

11. Gordon
    Thanks for lookign I was so pleased when I saw these three comign in for a landing

12. Frank
    Thanks for looking I cant wait to get back down to the Hook again maybe in Nov

13. Thanks Jim I printed it out and it looks pretty good

14. Thanks for looking, I really like the third shot also, good luck with your foot fetish

15. Gordon
    Thanks, I was so surprised when I saw this one..btw I think you were standing right next to me

16. Dave
    thanks I printed out a copy and it looks pretty good

17. You sure nailed these Mike. Great job, and I too love #3 but they are all terrific.

18. Rich
    I too love Avocets when they fly they have the whit and black diamond pattern and when they switch direction in unison it is fantastic

19. Kevin
    Thanks so much you are right looks like he has his timberlands on

20. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Outstanding Mike