A Few Beach Birds

Real Name
Dan
My bride gives me Sunday mornings off. This one past was about a perfect day here. Crisp, clear morning and warmed to about 60F during the day. So I took the camera for a stroll on the beach.

D850, 500mm PF, handheld

1) When I let the dog out at 0430 or so it was crystal clear. So I took my annual shot of the moon.
p2189081764-6.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2) For several days I'd been seeing a single plover hanging out along the same section of beach. He was there again Sunday and I managed a long range documentary shot. I think it's a piping plover but hopefully Allan can help me with the ID.
p2189081770-6.jpg

3) While I was trying to shoot the plover a sanderling came by in much more reasonable range. I love to catch them with bubbles nearby.
p2189081786-6.jpg

4) A mile or so down the beach there's an inlet. A flock of terns were feeding on my side of the channel. Forster's terns I think. They were coming right up close enough for full frame images but were flying into the wind which put the early AM sun behind them. Not sure what caused the white artifacts under the eye in this shot. They don't show up in LR nor when viewed on my website. So apparently something to do with the upload to the Cafe. But I'm too lazy to sort it out and re-post.
p2189081822-6.jpg

5)
p2189081809-6.jpg

6)
p2189081781-6.jpg

Last edited:

Latest threads

Top Bottom