A few birds from my fly fishing trip

I also try to mix a little photography along with my fishing when visiting the lakes of Eastern Washington, here's a few from my last trip in May.

500_0455-2 72wf.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

500_0330 72wf.jpg

500_0599 72wf.jpg

500_1994 72wf.jpg

Louie

Top set Louie, the Pheasant looks like a bit of a crop but is still a good image as they are not the slowest of birds in flight and can be quite erratic. Being on the other side of the pond some id`s would be nice. Also like the frame on the images, is that a script you downloaded or your own?

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Hope your fishing was as good as the photography!

The night heron sure looks all pffffft'd about something! LOL! #2 and 3 are just superb. #4 shows your skills to get the shot - nothing you could do about the background. Nice position in the air and well captured.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
WOW, what a lovely set of images
Thanks very much Richard.
Top set Louie, the Pheasant looks like a bit of a crop but is still a good image as they are not the slowest of birds in flight and can be quite erratic. Being on the other side of the pond some id`s would be nice. Also like the frame on the images, is that a script you downloaded or your own?
Appreciate your commenting, the frame is my making I just wanted something simple.
All well done. How was the fishing?
Thanks Bill, and yes the fishing was special lots of nice fat rainbow trout 12 to 14 inches nothing real big.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nice ones. I like the last one best - they are quite hard to find, or at least for me.
Thanks Allan. I totally agree Allan, the female harrier is quite common but the male is very very elusive, I was fortunate to have found this guy.
Great series.
Thanks Luis.
Hope your fishing was as good as the photography!

The night heron sure looks all pffffft'd about something! LOL! #2 and 3 are just superb. #4 shows your skills to get the shot - nothing you could do about the background. Nice position in the air and well captured.
Your comments are most appreciated Karen, thank you very much.
Very nice set. Is that the Grey Ghost?
Many thanks Mike, and yes that's the Grey Ghost, male harrier.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom