A few bugs

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by bill-e, Aug 8, 2008.

1. bill-e

bill-e

May 10, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I got out today after work and tried some manual focus shots. I installed a Katz Eye yesterday and it works great except when my Sigma 150 is moving all over :) I still need to practice a bunch more with the Katz Eye. Hopefully we'll get some sun and I'll be able to use a tripod tomorrow.

How do you get them to look at the camera?

Wasp 1/[email protected] iso 1600, Grasshopper 1/[email protected] w/Flash iso 200, Worm 1/[email protected] iso 800
    wasp3.jpg
    grasshopper2.jpg
    tinyworm1.jpg

2. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Nice start Bill. I have tried to 'do bugs' a couple of times myself and it's difficult. I look forward to seeing tomorrows efforts a tripod and good light certainly help.

3. Yep, nice series, Bill!

You have got quite unusual view to the hopper, I like it!

4. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Very nice. The first shot is great.

5. Bill,
    nice shots
    that first one is my favorite as well

6. bill-e

bill-e

May 10, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Thanks. I have to practice focusing and looking for the best angle. My eyes aren't all that great which is why I installed the Katz Eye to help with focusing. I'm still getting a lot of shots which aren't focused exactly where I want them to be.

7. Bill,
    I've tried macro....and have about 10 keepers out of hundreds. It's DIFFICULT! (at least for me...I'd much rather chase a toddler) You're off to a great start! Especially with manual focusing. You'll be a pro at this in no time!

8. bill-e

bill-e

May 10, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Thanks All,

No sun today so I had to use my flash in order to get the DOF I needed. This guy was difficult to get a crisp shot of I think because of his color. I had to go to f25 and even then I'm not all that happy with it.
    1/[email protected] w/Flash
    spider1.jpg
    crop
    spider2.jpg

9. bill-e

bill-e

May 10, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Sonya,

My g'kids are on vacation this week so it's a macro week for me :)