A few bugs

I got out today after work and tried some manual focus shots. I installed a Katz Eye yesterday and it works great except when my Sigma 150 is moving all over :) I still need to practice a bunch more with the Katz Eye. Hopefully we'll get some sun and I'll be able to use a tripod tomorrow.

How do you get them to look at the camera?

Wasp 1/500@f8 iso 1600, Grasshopper 1/60@f8 w/Flash iso 200, Worm 1/500@f8 iso 800
wasp3.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

grasshopper2.jpg

tinyworm1.jpg

Nice start Bill. I have tried to 'do bugs' a couple of times myself and it's difficult. I look forward to seeing tomorrows efforts a tripod and good light certainly help.

Thanks. I have to practice focusing and looking for the best angle. My eyes aren't all that great which is why I installed the Katz Eye to help with focusing. I'm still getting a lot of shots which aren't focused exactly where I want them to be.

Bill,
I've tried macro....and have about 10 keepers out of hundreds. It's DIFFICULT! (at least for me...I'd much rather chase a toddler) You're off to a great start! Especially with manual focusing. You'll be a pro at this in no time!

Thanks All,

No sun today so I had to use my flash in order to get the DOF I needed. This guy was difficult to get a crisp shot of I think because of his color. I had to go to f25 and even then I'm not all that happy with it.
1/60@f25 w/Flash
spider1.jpg

crop
spider2.jpg

Bill,
I've tried macro....and have about 10 keepers out of hundreds. It's DIFFICULT! (at least for me...I'd much rather chase a toddler) You're off to a great start! Especially with manual focusing. You'll be a pro at this in no time!
Sonya,

My g'kids are on vacation this week so it's a macro week for me :)

Latest threads

Top Bottom