A few D2x shots from today

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by DiverX, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Well, what can I say....just an awesome camera! I played a little today but I really need to read the manual and stop all this button pushing to see what they do. :roll:

Went out this morning for a couple hours. First in the back yard, then down to the local pond. I just pushed the buttons this time, next time out I will zero in on what I like. For now, it was great fun coming from a D100 to this sucker...sheesh! Thses are just test shots so keep that in mind, I am sure you will do much better than I did!

Eye is blurry here, was playing with focus settings but this was one of the 1st shots of the day so I have to keep it!

[​IMG]

This one had great color, tried center weighted metering;

[​IMG]

This one I tried Auto White Balance out in the snow...sheesh;

[​IMG]

Next off to the pond, tried High Speed Sync Mode here;
    [​IMG]

A couple more still playing...a fun day, not much action except for the usual Seagulls.! :roll:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

D2X, 500 AF-S...used x1.4 at the pond, Most were ISO 200 except back yard shots which varied ISO 320 to ISO 200, Gitzo 1548, Wimberly Head

2. Fantastic shots George - Wish I had this much interesting bird wildlife near my house - or any wildlife!

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    George,

Going from a D100 to the D2X, you must feel like you are in photography heaven.... :lol: I couldn't believe how much more I can get out of the D2H than my D70. I can't imagine stepping up directly to an X. :wink:

You have always posted great shots. If my experience is any guide, you will move into the awesome range with the new D2X.

Wonderful first shots. :!: :!:

Frank

4. wow George, you took the plunge!! Looking forward to more of your observations coming from the D100. Most folks have gone D2H ->D2x so I'm interested especially in hearing from the D100 folk.

Congratulations!

5. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Have you assigned your Function button to HSM mode yet? ;)

Really nice shots, George!

6. Thanks folks!

Janet, it is soo different! Acquiring focus is done in a split second, firing off multiple shots with absolutely no waiting. Virtually no post processing unless you are anal retentive, like all of us! :)

Just awesome but now I have to work all weekend and will have to wait to get out again.There is a lot to learn to take advantage of all it has to offer. I hope to have 2 weeks off in April ( the first 2 weeks) and will be around Long Island shooting so if you are around I would be happy o let you try it.

The only reason I was able to get these shots was the day after I got the camera I had to call in sick to work. I got a bad 24hr flu and didn't want to spread it around. Crazy flu, I think it's called D2xitis, an inflammation of the brain brought about by reading too much. Much better now! :?

Back to work! :(

7. Absolutely fantastic detail!! :D

I love these shots. :D

8. Good work George. I like the sparrow in the snow best.

9. JC

JC

Jan 27, 2005
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    George,

Great work! You do the camera proud. Aren't those colors just great?

Joel