A Few Eagle Shots

Real Name
Dan
I haven't done much with eagles in the past couple of years. Which is terrible. Eagle BIF shots are about my favorite thing to shoot. Finally shot a few out on Prince William Sound over the past couple of weeks. Here are some of my favorites.

D850/500mm PF, handheld

1) This one just because it's different. The bird was sitting near where we needed to pass to get through the ice field in Columbia Bay.
p2644460019-6.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2) Gotta love the angle.
p2649411643-6.jpg

3) This one is my favorite. Probably due to the level of difficulty 9.9/10. OK maybe 9.8. The bird was on a path for a flyby off to my right then did a snap turn into a dive. I usually clip a wing in these situations. Or tail. Or head...
p2657152173-5.jpg

4) Same bird once I caught back up with it. I love shooting over this kind of water.
p2657152181-6.jpg

Real Name
Dan
Great shots - I especially like the last one.
Thanks, Allan. The shutter fired a fraction of a second too soon to catch the bird at full extension. But it'll do. Hundreds of frames of eagles I've only caught one at the perfect moment. My personal photographic holy grail it so catch one in that position coming straight at the camera.

Real Name
Dan
They're each fantastic in they're own way. The first one on the ice is just so unique.
Thanks, Bill. I'm always trying to fill the frame with the bird but in that one the ice is just as important to tell the story.
WOW! Just wow. They're all fantastic but that last one, to me, is the money shot!
Glad you liked them, Jeff. Yeah the outstretched talons are hard to beat.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Each one is excellent and different! Love the one with the ice! The character of the ice is especially appealing.

Real Name
Dan
Each one is excellent and different! Love the one with the ice! The character of the ice is especially appealing.
Thanks, Karen. It's interesting how many different types of ice come off the glaciers. And of course the infinite number of different shapes.
The first one is most appealing to me because of its artistry. Consider getting rid of the two, small wisps of distinct clouds at the top of the frame.
Thanks for the suggestion, Mike. For sure those clouds are distracting. I think I'll get on my editing machine and work on that one a bit.
Great shots ....you gotta love the outstretched talons over the water shot.
Thanks, Bob. You can't go wrong with any raptor if you get a good shot of its talons.
Very nice set Dan. #1 is special.
Thanks, Binnur. That one is certainly different.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom