A Few Early Morning Shots (Today)

Discussion in 'Birds' started by jfenton, Sep 20, 2005.

1. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    It seems as though I've managed to develop diverticulitis and I had to go for a cat scan this morning. Not one to pass up a shooting opportunity, I downed a vicodin to kill the discomfort and went shooting for a little while beforehand :)

It started off nice and clear and I grabbed a shot of the moon just before the sun came up...

original.

As soon as the sun even thought about coming up, the fog rolled in off of the ocean. I had actually gone to shoot kingfishers this morning but through the fog, it was nearly impossible. I did manage one really gray shot which was sort of in focus:

original.

It started to rain a bit and just as I was packing up to go, a bird which I've been after for a long time walked up from the other side of the little grassy knoll along the edge of the marsh...my first Whimbrel :)

original.

original.

2. Nice ones....very good detail on the moon-shot... :smile:

Watch out for that diverticulitis :Sick:

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Jim,

Sorry to hear about your internal problems, and I hope you can get it beaten down quickly. Sure didn't affect your shooting skills though. These are very pleasing to the eye. You must have been happy when you saw the results. I certainly would have been. :wink:

4. Jim,

Spectacular shot of the Moon. Thanks for sharing !

5. Excellent shots Jim. Like the blue sky in your moon shot. Also the Whimbrel shot is outstanding. I have never heard that name before but the bird looks familiar. This is a great nature shot.

6. bfjr

bfjr Guest

All are good Jim
    but I really dig you take on the moon, very cool shot !!
    As others have said I hope your problem leaves you shortly.

7. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Excellent shots Jim. Hoping you feel better soon.