A few examples of stuff I've been doing....

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by DABO, May 22, 2007.

1. DABO

DABO

Jan 13, 2006
  2. I absolutely LOVE that first one!!! :biggrin:

How did you do it??

3. My least favorite is #2...I guess because it is the most "natural"....:rolleyes: I love the other three.....they are spectacular :smile::smile::smile::smile:

4. LisaR

LisaR Guest

I love the colors in these! That first one is fantastic ...... are these some of the "filters" in Photoshop? Great job on them.

5. melba

melba

Apr 2, 2006
    oregon
    These are beautiful. You really need to print these and have them matted and framed. Well done.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Love the colors:>))
    Fun stuff

7. Very interesting stuff ...... especially like #1.

8. DABO

DABO

Jan 13, 2006
    Thanks for the comments. I'm a sucker for color. I appreciate good black and white work and I've done and still do some of it. But I love playing with color.

I'm glad that some of you picked #1. That's one of my pictures that I go back to and tweak every so often. Once in a while, when I'm stuck, I look over old stuff and see what strikes me. This is one of those that, when I take another look at it with a fresh eye, I see something else I can do to "improve" it. It's been tweaked over the course of probably about 3 years. So it's hard to say how I did it. It started with a photo of leaves floating on a pond. Superimposed with some other leaves, layers, filters, etc.

I have printed these and like them. #2 actually looks better printed - it looks almost 3D. I'm still struggling a bit with the printing of #4 - it looks OK on Epson Enhanced Matte but I'd like to get some good color on a watercolor type paper and I've been wasting ink trying to figure it out. I'll probably be back to tweaking it again on another day.

Thanks for looking.

DAB

9. robthorn

robthorn Guest

I actually like #2 and 4 the best. they are all really cool though.

10. DABO

DABO

Jan 13, 2006
    Thanks Rob. #4 is another one of those that I go back and change periodically. It's still a work in progress.

DAB

11. robthorn

robthorn Guest

is that all in photo shop?

12. DABO

DABO

Jan 13, 2006
    Well, it started off with a beautiful autumn day at a lake near my house. Then I tried to create what I wished I had really seen. All in photoshop.

13. robthorn

robthorn Guest

wow must have been some good drugs ;)
    thanks

14. I think they definitely belong here -- very interesting work.Like #1 and #4 the best I think. :smile:

15. I like them all a lot. keep posting new ones.

16. DABO

DABO

Jan 13, 2006
    That was a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.

Thanks, Diane, Fuss.

17. Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee

May 16, 2006
    Oregon
    Very nice, creative and well done.

18. Robert

Robert

Jul 24, 2005
    Canada
    Beautiful work!! I'm really taken with 3 & 4. Excellent!!!:smile:

19. DABO

DABO

Jan 13, 2006
    Thanks, Jeff and Robert. I've got some others in various stages of playing. But it's memorial day weekend, and between my 3 sons, we have 8 soccer games, one track meet, 2 baseball games and a family barbeque. So I think I'll be working in reality for a while!

DAB

20. Those are great! I'd love to have some airbrushed fabric with those prints to serve as a backdrop for portraits.