A few faces and people shots from Myanmar (7 pics)

I just finished uploading a selection of two of my eight trips to Myanmar (Burma) from 2003 and 2004.
http://www.pbase.com/rovebeetle/myanmar_burma

Since I had never posted any people shots I thought I might choose a few teasers from this subgallery. The last pic doesn't show people but I had to add it since it is one of my personal favorites.
I apologize to those with dial-ups :) and hope you like them.

Also, to stir the lens lust a bit :twisted: : pics 1-4 shot with 70-200/2.8 VR, and 5-7 with the 45/2.8P.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

FANTASTIC!!! I just love the 2nd pic...talk about personality....Thanks for sharing

Thanks all! It's good to receive some positive feedback, since I seem to be unable to judge my own pics :? It is so much easier to comment other's work and criticise or praise it but I fail when I have to sort and choose my pics for posting.
Cheers

I especially like 1-4-7.
I briefly looked at the 45 P ekkk $$$ and quickly turned the page :>))

All great images. Well done.
Thank you for sharing

Gale said:
I briefly looked at the 45 P ekkk $$$ and quickly turned the page :>))
All great images. Well done.
Thank you for sharing
Thanks Gale!

You should try to buy a lens in Austria. That would quickly change your price standards. You Americans live in the blessed realm of photo equipment acquisition. Let me tell you that the 45P costs more than twice as much here :( (I paid 480 EURO in 2003) as do many other lenses. I have no idea what this depends on (surely not only VAT) because e.g. the 28/1.4 costs more than 3000$$ (new) which is much more than twice the US price, but some others are just slightly more expensive. Especially now that the US$ is so low against the EURO it really pays to get equipment from across the lake.
Even if you don't smuggle it, it still is much cheaper than purchased here.
Cheers

cmpalmer said:
All are great, but I think #4 is my favorite. Very nice color, composition, and emotion.
Thanks!
I also like the mood in this pic very much, but I still have to do something with it. The white wall to the right is a bit too bright for my taste. Ron Reznick once suggested to burn it (hopefully, he did not mean the whole pic :? :) ), as soon as I have more time again for such things I will try that.

Thanks Stuart, Phat and Hans!
We have a saying in German "Even a blind hen finds a grain at times" :lol: , I wonder how the correct English rendition of this saying goes.

Harry,

They're all outstanding and so glad you posted them.. The old lady smoking and the little boy standing are my favorites but each one of your pictures tells a story..

Thanks,
Gaye

Thanks all!

It seems the smoking woman has some impact :) :)

She obviously was an expert in smoking matters. She had a little booth near Mingun Pagoda where she sold cigarettes for twice the price they cost in town :lol:

cheers

Hi Harry.

I thought that you spent the grant on teaching and fieldwork not taking pictures of people!!

I like number 4 very much indeed, as it conveys my impression of the area, but I suspect that number2 is closer to the truth.

BW. Bob F.

Re: Hi Harry.

Bob the Spiderman said:
I thought that you spent the grant on teaching and fieldwork not taking pictures of people!!
From time to time even a dedicated researcher and instructor needs a time-out. Sigh....
I like number 4 very much indeed, as it conveys my impression of the area, but I suspect that number2 is closer to the truth.
Thanks, but I think it applies to both. I would like to spend more time in the future shooting pics of people since they are so divers in Burma and mostly unspoilt (unless in areas with heavy tourism), and, they behave very naturally and unscared.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom