A few faces of Americas Pastime

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by mike mac, Jul 20, 2008.

1. I know action is what it is all about ball in frame, peak action bat on ball but I also know when it comes to parent buying shots the sportrait ranks as a very high selling image. So with that in mind here a few from a few weeks back. I have been on vacation so no sports hsootign for the last week and a half.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A few action shots
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Hi Mike,

I'll take two of everything. :biggrin:

These are spectacular ... well, then again, every photo I've ever seen from you has been just that. Wow.

Take care,
    Brent

3. vz223

vz223

Dec 7, 2007
    NJ
    :smile:
    Wow, superb!

4. mike.... you'll sell tons of every one of those
    those should be in a coffee table book of sportraits
    exceedingly well done

5. I'm running out of superlatives Mike.
    Everytime I see one of your threads I think... "how am I going to come up with some new way of praising".
    Hell, for all I know I've already used this one before.:smile:

Don

6. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    Simply spectacular Mike.

7. Mike,

How can you possibly keep coming up with such great images that are without peer? Oh I know... they come from your camera while being directed by YOU! There is no other explanation.
    :cool: 

8. tjk60

tjk60

Dec 4, 2007
    troy, mi
    Sa -weet Mike. Really like # 6

9. Hey Mike,

Figured you were on vacation as I hadn't seen you post in a while. Hope you enjoyed your time off with the family. As for the images, man you are on another planet. Beautiful work as always.

10. Mike,

Amazing, as usual.

If I recall, you own both a D300 and a D3. For sports shooting, do you find yourself using the 300 2.8 on the D300 or going with the D3 and a teleconverter most of the time?

Thanks,
    Glenn

11. Very nice. I always love to look at your pictures. You're an inspiration to me.

12. The bar just keeps getting higher. No. 9 looks just like that great image of Hank Aaron

13. Simba909

Simba909

Mar 2, 2006
    Miami, FL
    Incredible as usual Mike.

14. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

not bad mike keep up the good work buddy

15. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    how the heck do you do that, i'm gobsmacked

16. Well, it's all been said. But just wanted to add myself to the admirers lol. Great work.

17. sonuj2

sonuj2

May 11, 2006
    Naperville, IL
    S P E C T A C U L A R !!!!!! I would buy a ton of those if they were of my kids. Amazing shots for sure, but then again we expect nothing less from you Mike and you never disappoint us :biggrin:

18. BrendaC

BrendaC

Sep 24, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    I love these, love the expressions. I am going to try getting some expressions instead of focusing on the action all the time.

19. Sconti

Sconti

May 14, 2008
    London
    Mike,
    A wonderful set which totally transcend sports photography. I look forward to more of the same. The idea of sportraits (terrible word!) is a terriffic one and I reckon you have it nailed!
    Best
    sconti

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.