A few flies

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by RKnecht, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Went out in the yard today for a little while to see what I could find. Here's a sample of a few flies that stayed still long enough for a picture.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All shots are with the D2x and 105 micro (non-VR).

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2007
  2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Amazing that you can shoot a fly.

3. Wow, those are great, inspiring. I imgaine #3 was a very hard shot to get (or at least duplicate), but I think I like #2 the best due to it's composition.

Thanks for sharing :smile:

4. _Jorge_

_Jorge_

Jul 3, 2007
    Thailand
    Great pics, very sharp and #3 is great, great capture! Good work. Thanks for sharing.

5. Really neat. I'm trying to understand what I'm seeing in #3, are those flies mating in flight?

6. Yes. I actually was able to get a few shots of those flies. The most amazing part is that the lower fly didn't use its wings. The top fly did all the wing work :smile:

7. Wow!! Amazing detail and you caught them mating in flight too!? You're hooked Rich!! Good thing you have a macro lens!!:biggrin:

8. snownow

snownow

Jul 13, 2006
    so cal
    that in flight is great

9. Very sharp images, Rich. Getting an in-flight shot like you did is amazing to me. I have trouble getting things in focus when they are stationary. Great job.