a few flight shots

Hi you'll.

I'll be spending the next week with my son and his family in Georgia so
I figured I'll leave you with a few flight shots from the rookery in St. Augustine.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Holy Moly Harry, these are great!! Looks like the machine gun is doing the job for you.

Please save some for June though. 8)

Frank

Flew said:
Holy Moly Harry, these are great!! Looks like the machine gun is doing the job for you.

Please save some for June though. 8)

Frank
Hey Frank,

Thanks. I did leave a few for you. BTW did you notice the focal lenghts on those shots? 3 of the 4 were under 200mm.

Gorgeous shots, Harry. May I ask you where is this rookery in St-Augustine? When I got down to New Smyrna, I used to stop by a small tea saloon in Old St-Augustine owned by a very nice couple. They make so good pastries :oops: :)

Flew said:
I didn't notice Harry. I may have to take the 70-200VR on this shoot. 8)

Thanks,

Frank
Hi Frank,

Good idea. I started out with my 300mm and 1.4 but had to switch to my 80-400

daodang said:
Gorgeous shots, Harry. May I ask you where is this rookery in St-Augustine? When I got down to New Smyrna, I used to stop by a small tea saloon in Old St-Augustine owned by a very nice couple. They make so good pastries :oops: :)
Thank you Dao. The rookery is in the St. Augustine Alligator Farm. Its on A1A, off of exit 311 on I-95. Here's their link http://www.alligatorfarm.com/

Great shots, especially considering your unde 180mm shots, nice to have that flexibility in this case instead of the prime...........im sure a few are frothing at the mouth. LOL............

Keith R. said:
Great shots, especially considering your unde 180mm shots, nice to have that flexibility in this case instead of the prime...........im sure a few are frothing at the mouth. LOL............
Hi Keith,

Yeah, I went in there with my 300mm/f4 and 1.4 TC all ready to shoot and found that I had way too much lens for most of the shots. With tears in my eyes I switched to my 80-400. :cry:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom