A few frog shots

Hi Guys,

Besides race cars I'm really fond of photographing landscapes and nature in general. You don't see pictures of frogs that often, here are a few of my favourite ones.

Enjoy them!

21.Frog_1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

22.Frog_2.jpg

I did try to crop this one, but why actually I think it looks just great like this.

18.Kikker.jpg

Take Care

Johan

I love those! The greens are so intense! And his eyes just POP up out of the water! But who can resist frogs anyway...they are just too darn cute. Well done.

I really love the first two. Great images of frogs and reflections are really nice touch.

Thanks a lot for all your kind words. I prefer the second one as well. Funny thing though because from time to time I post a photo of mine on a dutch forum as well and the first reaction I get on the second picture is that "the soft green shine on the left side is irritating" It irritates him. I don't have a problem with this comment far from it actually, I still love the picture but it is a good example how tastes can differ.

Kind Regards

Johan

Thanks a lot guys, it is always nice to hear that you like some of these 8)

@ Hans

Indeed, they can quack very loud. It is quite funny when you are at the pond searching for these greenies and some of those start calling, then you can start your search by sneaking around :D I love it !

Cu

Johan,

Super frog shots! They are all good, but the fist two are slightly better, IMHO, with my preference for the first one. I love the big eyes popping out and the silky smooth reflection. Very well done! 8) :lol:

Hi Terry,

Thanks for your reply, great you like that one. I have used the 70-300mm f/4-f/5.6G there. It is the zoomlens that came with the kit. I bought the D70 in a kit, it came with the 17-70mm DX + the 70-300mm. I'm not that satisfied with it, it is cool that I have such lens but I only bought it because it came with the kit. It is a great kit, especialy when you start up with photography.
I made these shots at almost full zoom range and the shutterspeed was set at 125/s, the good thing was that I was laying flat on my belly while making these. Besides that I was holding my breath and pushed the shutter between 2 heartbeats :wink: :)

Take care

Johan

Philippe Roger said:
Johan,

Super frog shots! They are all good, but the fist two are slightly better, IMHO, with my preference for the first one. I love the big eyes popping out and the silky smooth reflection. Very well done! 8) :lol:

Thanks a lot, Phillipe !!! No need to say that it is always nice to hear when your photos get appreciated. And yes indeed, those eyes popping up out of the water are nice and funny as well 8) I geuss that the reflections in the water enforce that.

kind Regards

Johan

Johan said:
Hi Terry,

Thanks for your reply, great you like that one. I have used the 70-300mm f/4-f/5.6G there. It is the zoomlens that came with the kit. I bought the D70 in a kit, it came with the 17-70mm DX + the 70-300mm. I'm not that satisfied with it, it is cool that I have such lens but I only bought it because it came with the kit. It is a great kit, especialy when you start up with photography.
I made these shots at almost full zoom range and the shutterspeed was set at 125/s, the good thing was that I was laying flat on my belly while making these. Besides that I was holding my breath and pushed the shutter between 2 heartbeats :wink: :)

Take care

Johan

Sounds like you got quite a work out in taking these pictures. It was worth all the effort. Great results with that zoom lens. I had it and couldn't do nearly that well with it.

Well, indeed I had to put in lots of effort to be honest and of course it pays off most of the time. I'm always try to get the maximum result with the things I have :D But I have to admit that the factor "luck" plays along as well, especially when you use this lens and shoot with a shuttertime of 125/s at full zoom range. It did cost me some sweat, no tears and no blood :)
I see that you have that superb 70-200mm f/2.8 VR lens, that is my dream tool and I'm on the verge buying one myself. It comes in pretty handy for sports photography.
Besides the amount of money that all those nice things cost, people should always buy f/2.8 lenses. But yea, that is the perfect world isn't it(?).

Take care Terri and get the maximum out of it :wink:

Johan

Very nice Johan, I like the first two. And to imagine the 70-300G is not a lens much talked about, since its considered too low down the ladder.
Like I always say, its the man and the effort behind the shots ! Well done.

@ Riki,

Thanks man !!! When it comes to the camera settings I use my brains and when it comes to taking pictures I use my heart, patience and eyes :) I try to make the picture in my head and that is how I want it be.

@ Greyflash

Thanks for your positive feedback

Regards

Johan

Latest threads

Top Bottom