A few from Bear Point again

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Steve S, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Harris & I went back to Bear Point, with just a little more time to shoot this time, and he was nice enough to lend me his 300 f4 + TC 1.4 so I could handhold all these shots. He used my 500 f4 + TC that I didn't want to lug all the way out there :rolleyes:
    Going back this morning! C&C's welcomed.
    My very 1st Osprey, shot from the car window!
    original.
    A Peli in late sun
    original.
    Some kind'a Heron
    original.

2. Nice shots Steve, I told you they'd sharpen up nice. It's 5:54 am and I'm putting my hiking boots on for the morning shoot. Here's a couple from me from yesterday. The 500 is a monster lens, but on my new Gitzo 1325 and wimberley it's a pleasure to shoot. I have to get used to getting the subject in the field of view and tracking, but I guess that takes time.

original.

original.

well, off for a sunrise shoot. Wish us luck!

3. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Hell ya, those are sweet! Hey, see you in a few!

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Steve
    Excellent shots
    Harris that peli is walking on my desk :>))

Have fun you guys.
    See your pics later.

5. That first one is stunning! Have seen your work over on dpreview and glad to see you're here too! Referring to Backdoctor's first one - all are great tho'!

6. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Wish Frank had a 500f4. Not that he would ever, "not want to lug it around" though.

Excellent shots Steve and Harris. I'm envious of the shooting opportunites that you all have down there.

Regards,

7. Welcome to Florida Steve!! I'm sure your few months down here will fly by quickly and soon you'll be considering staying permanently! Last shot looks like a little blue heron. Great shots! That 300 is a great little lens when you don't need the long length!!

8. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Steve,

Looks like you've found a winter wonderland. I hope that I can get down there in a few years. :rolleyes:

Excellent shots. :smile: