A few from Cambodia....

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Here are a few images taken near Siem Reap, Cambodia.

Ruins of Ta Prohm
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Another one from Ta Prohm

Ruins at Ta Keo

Angkor Thom has over 200 carved faces...

Detail of carved faces at Angkor Thom

8-armed Hindu God, Vishnu, Angkor Wat ruins

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Great Shots, Karen. It looks like you had good weather in April. I'm looking to revisit next year - was it lke that throughout your stay?
I've been enjoying YOUR photos!

We were there in the middle of summer! Hubby and I are both very physically active and fit. Yet the heat and humidity just about did us in! :eek:

After 3-5 minute walk to the car and driver at 7 am, we were totally soaked with sweat. We would sight see till 11am....then have lunch. Lay by pool or in AC'd room till about 4 pm. Then sight see till dark. I've seldom been in such heat and humidity. When we arrived I rinsed out a blouse that usually dries overnight. 3 days later, it was still damp.

Choose the timing of your trip carefully! :tongue:

Thanks, Karen!

It's SE Asia, it's always humid! I know the feeling well, climbing all over the temples for 6 days while I was there. You look like you had better luck with your skies though.

Tripod and bracketing like crazy will be the way to go on my next visit. Just to add a bit more weight to the pack. The light in Ta Prohm that you captured is great - looks like an early morning shot. That's exatly the same spot where I took a shot 4 years later!

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Phil,

I'd love to go back and try again! This time I would bracket a lot more and either merge exposures or go the HDR route. Ta Prohm was my favorite site!

However, Angkor Thom was also fascinating. I just never created an image of all those faces that expressed the awesomeness of that site.

My favorite image from the trip is here: https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=307004

Last edited by a moderator:
Karen, really nice series. My wife and I were there in 2002. How are the crowds these days? I hear that the the area is enjoying a boom in tourism.

Like the images, brought back some happy memories of when I went to Siem Reap back in 1963. Had all my photo's and camera equipment confiscated at the Thia/Cambodian boarder on my exit.

A good trip but very expensive regarding equipment.

Regards

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Oh yeah - I plan on returning soon!
You will get some awesome images. Look forward to seeing them!

Karen, really nice series. My wife and I were there in 2002. How are the crowds these days? I hear that the the area is enjoying a boom in tourism.

Thank you! In early 2005, it wasn't too bad. And we were there in the middle of summer! Most folks would pick a better time to go! LOL!

Like the images, brought back some happy memories of when I went to Siem Reap back in 1963. Had all my photo's and camera equipment confiscated at the Thia/Cambodian boarder on my exit.

A good trip but very expensive regarding equipment.

Regards

YIKES! Leaving the country via the airport was a big hassle. Lots of security trying to get out! They had 2 xrays scans in ONE room! I tried to get out of having my film scanned as we were going through several countries and I wanted to minimize the xray exposure. They wouldn't budge. But I can't believe they took away all your equipment!

Karen,
Not at the airport but at the boarder of Thailand/Cambodia at a town called Poipet (If memory serves me right that was the name of the place)
Some scruffy boarder guard took a shine to my kit, decided he would like it and took it. When I protested he got very aggressive.
And as he was armed I thought the best thing was to let him have it.
Things were so different in those days.
Regards
Keith

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom