A few from last weekend at Audubon Swamp Garden

Wife and I took a short trip to Charleston last week - first stop the Audubon Swamp Garden at Magnolia Plantation. Great egrets and GBH's are mating / nesting... many, many more to go through. All shot with D300s 300 f/4 af-s with 1.4tc.

Red shouldered hawk. So close I had to back up to get him in the frame.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Preening...

Portrait

Love

On the last one, about 10 frames later he's leaning back and she's over him, beak open just giving him heck. I think we've all been there.... "the sticks Bob brings home are much nicer than yours......".

Nice - the 2nd and last shots are my favorites. It could be my cheapo monitor here but those 2 photos also look a bit bright - can you tone down the highlights a bit (or maybe I just need to tone down my monitor)? The exposure on the "portrait" shot looks really good though!

--Sarah

Thanks everyone.

Sarah - I agree, they look a little hot on my monitor too (at work). They looked fine at home and that one's calibrated, this one isn't except by eye so I'll have to look at them again there later.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom