1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

A few from Merritt Island

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Allan, Feb 11, 2019.

1. This year I only had time for one quick drive through as we were meeting friends. There was more water and a great variety of water life than the last few years (or so I think.)

Immature little blue heron
    i-S4BLKSW-X3.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Tricolor heron
    i-w2qSz7F-X2.jpg

nonbreeding avocet
    i-Pvrrqfm-XL.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. you did good for such a short visit
    I usually do 3 trips in 3 hours. During the week the place is very peaceful

3. Was that Black Point Wildlife Drive or a different trail?

4. There were many shovelers but they were backup so I did not bother. I have made a few trips on previous visits. I usually go quicker through the firt time because a spot I like - flying egrets and spoonbills - is near the end. But no birds were there when I went.

5. I should be been more specific - Black Point.

6. Very good set Allan, that second shot is really terrific, lots of detail and good separation.

7. Thanks Louie.

8. Nice set, Allan. Really like the tricolor.

9. Really nice set, Allan! I love the whole feel of #1, and the detail is great in #2!

10. Nice to see your Avocet shots. 'Love those guys. You down here for a while?

11. Very nice set.

12. Another 6 weeks.

13. Thanks Dan.

Thanks dossy

Thanks you Dan.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.