a few from mrsollars' wedding

Discussion in 'People' started by bep207, May 29, 2007.

1. bep207

bep207

Nov 27, 2006
    Columbia, MO
    I just finished going through some of mrsollars' wedding photographs from this past weekend. He and his bride are on their honeymoon. I just received an email from him saying that they actually have internet access on the cruise ship and that they were really excited about seeing some of the photos and wanted to see a few of my top picks.
    I figured since I was already posting some to them, that I would share them with you as well.
    I haven't had time yet to edit any of these photos beyond a quick exposure and levels adjustment.

Here are a few of the highlights from the weekend

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am working on more photos from the ceremony, but due to the low light, they require a little more post processing than these easy ones.

I thought the weekend was pretty successful. All comments and critique are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Blake

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2007
  2. I'd say you did quite well. These are very nice... :wink:

Beautiful bride... the second shot is my favorite of what I've seen so far...

3. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Good job! Very nice work indeed.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nicely done

5. TerjeD2X

TerjeD2X Guest

Nice work! Are all pictures in natural light? If so? What ISO, Lense?

6. Good job Blake! Congrats to Jonathan and his beautiful bride :smile:

7. Raul_T

Raul_T

Apr 29, 2007
    DFW, Texas
    The rear window shot is too kewl!

8. Hey Blake you did well and got some traditional and creative angles. Very good.

9. Excellent job Blake! The couple seem very happy.

10. bep207

bep207

Nov 27, 2006
    Columbia, MO
    Thanks for all of the kind words
    As far as the set up goes... My friend and I were using 3 D80's. I mostly used the 17-50 f/2.8 and 80-200 f/2.8 with flash while the other guy used mostly the 70-200VR on monopod with available light. The 10.5 fisheye was used for the obviously distorted pictures

We tried to keep the ISO as low as possible (250-640). Matt (mrsollars) is very picky about noise. I rigged up two SB-800s in the ceiling lights. You can see them in this shot, although only the left one fired in this particular shot. I had them set to SU-4 mode with an SB600 on board.

[​IMG]
    The SU-800 that we borrowed just wasnt able to fire the strobes when I was up close, due to its inability to rotate around the hot shoe. So the SU-4 mode was actually the most predictable mode... (wish I had pocket wizards)

There was also an SB800 in the baptism area (by the big cross in the back).. It fired during the portrait shots.. to light up that area and accentuate the cross.

I hope to be posting full galleries soon
    I also did another wedding the following day in the same church. I just posted those pics and will be making a thread about them very soon

Thanks for looking
    Blake

11. Blake, looks like you did quite well! Nice shots...congrats.

12. JakeB.

JakeB. Guest

Nice shots Blake.

You look like the guy that plays Sylar in "Heroes" in your avatar pic.

13. Hi, Blake! I really like this shot. There's something very genuine and appealing about their expressions.

[​IMG]

I got a kick out of your lighting setup. I can't believe the minister let you turn his church into your private studio. You must be very persuasive!

14. Hi Blake

1, 2, 7, 9 really stand out for me, very very nice shots.

15. bep207

bep207

Nov 27, 2006
    Columbia, MO
    The minister didnt seem concerned at all with the lighting. Being good friends with the bridal party seemed to help. He kind of just left everything up to us and whatever we wanted was fine with him.
    I had the bride sit in the pews while I fired the flashes and she said that they didnt seem very distracting. That was all the permission I guess I needed.

It worked well except for one problem... everytime someone in the crowd took a picture with their point and shoot, they also fired my flashes. So not only was it extra flashy... the batteries died very quickly. Pocket wizards would have been the only better way though.

Thanks everyone for the comments
    Blake

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.