A few from my garden...

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Leigh, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    My fall garden is starting out nicely. I've planted butternut and acorn squash, brocolli, cauliflower, cabbage, brussell sprouts, fennell, turnip greens and spinach. I also have herbs that are still doing well from the summer garden (sage, thyme and basil). The dill has been totally destroyed by monarch caterpillars.

Butternut Squash 1
    [​IMG]

Butternut Squash 2
    [​IMG]

Butternut Squash 3
    [​IMG]

Sage :Leaves 1
    [​IMG]

Sage Leaves 2
    [​IMG]

Basil Leaves
    [​IMG]

Not actually from my garden, but in my yard. I thought the colors were pretty...
    Magnolia Pod 1
    [​IMG]

Magnolia Pod 2
    [​IMG]

2. Nice green colors Leigh and my personal favorite is #3. Then of course you are hit with a big splash of color on the last two. The red is vibrant and eye catching. Good series.

3. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

4. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Very nice leigh. I'm looking forward to the fruits of your labor, or squash at least. :)

Thanks for sharing these,

Love,

5. That looks healthy :smile: . I like the sage leaves.
    Cheers

6. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    Leigh,
    Nice photos! Number 3 however is my favorite. Good job all the way around!

7. These are great Leigh. I too am rather fond of the third, but the sage leaves in number 4 are artisticly done also
    Dave

8. What beautiful reds and greens! It's such fun to harvest and enjoy the fruits of your own labor, photographically and in the kitchen too. :smile:

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

9. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks everyone...today was just one of those days where I had to get out and shoot. I had too much going on to be able to leave, so I took advantage of my own backyard.

Gordon, Jerry and Dave---#3 was my favorite as well....I loved the light behind it as well as the bit of shadow that was showing. I can't wait till I have something to harvest!...

Which brings me to Virginia:
    ...I agree, in fact, if the truth be told, it's one of the reasons I love to have a garden. I am able to enjoy it by having interesting subjects to shoot...I have plenty to harvest....and I usually have lots to share with friends and family.

Again, thanks for the comments everyone...I really appreciate your kindness.

10. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    Nice shots Leigh, and what green thumbs you have. My wife kills everything she plants - a source of great distress. And we all love the taste of really fresh veggies and herbs!

11. With sage and basilic your are ready to do Italian recipes.

12. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi Leigh

Very nice series. It makes me want to cook :)

Regards

RFC

13. Very nice series, Leigh. Beautiful colors and light. What lens were you using?

Thanks for sharing.

14. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Yes, and I have rosemary as well! It's so hardy and it never dies so I never have to replant. The more I cut, the bigger it grows!

15. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Me too! I can't wait until all the veggies start producing.

16. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks Phil. These were taken w/my CoolPix 8800. Settings were macro mode in Aperture Priority. It's so amazing what that little camera can do!

17. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks Patrick. My mother says I get my green thumb from her side of the family (they were all farmers from way, way, way back). My grandaddy (her father) could grow anything. I remember one year he grew cabbage...it was the hugest thing I had ever seen....oh and the brocolli...enormous dark green---so very yummy! So I plant my gardens to remember him as he's been gone quite a few years now. He taught me the importance of growing things yourself and not wasting anything, but making sure to share if there was extra. I always try and plant more than I'll need so that I can share with family and friends...too bad you don't live closer to us, I'd be happy to share my veggies w/you!