A few from my sister's wedding.

Discussion in 'People' started by dan1son, Jul 27, 2008.

1. dan1son

dan1son

Sep 24, 2007
    Austin
    I was a groomsman in my sister's wedding last weekend and managed to grab some shots.

From the rehearsal dinner. Not the best angle, I was sitting about 3 people down the table from them on their side. 55-200vr @200 f/6.3 1/320 ISO 800 sb-800 (diffuser)

2697208463_6f0209a134_b.

A shot from the park... Managed to get them to look at me for a couple while the real photographer (a good family friend) was setting up his tripod. 55-200vr @86 f/4.5 1/250 ISO200

2708858008_e4390f1ec6_b.

The bride at a hole in the wall bar in between wedding and reception getting fed a cherry from her sister. 50f/1.4 @f2.8 1/40th ISO800

2697321341_a94c11835a_b.

The groom and his brother playing some big game hunter at the same bar. 50 f/1.4 @f2 1/200 ISO800

2698146162_eabd62e9dd_b.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2008
  2. leahp26

leahp26

Apr 28, 2008
    Southern NH
    Very nice! I know you weren't happy with the angle in #1 but I think it's a good capture - I'm sure they'll be happy with the extra shots from you!

3. I like them!

maybe bust out the clone tool on that cigarette in the last picture ;) 

4. you did a nice job
    while i'm not a fan of image #1 (you did the best you could there, i know)
    the rest of very cool
    the 2nd image.... nice
    and the "candids" in that bar.... awesome (especially the one of the bride being fed a cherry by her SISTER... interesting)
    those are the kind of pictures that the "official" photos might never see... but, will be cherished for a lifetime

well done

5. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Great...try and photoshop (out) that leaf that is hanging from her dress.

2698111286_1b5c29cf4a_bcopy.

Hope you don't mind.

6. dan1son

dan1son

Sep 24, 2007
    Austin
    Thanks for the comments. I got a wide shot of that but someones head is in the foreground which was far more annoying. I sent her the links just now so hopefully she likes them.

I'm glad you like them! His entire family smokes so it's actually quite fitting. The odd thing is none of mine does, so he better quit soon (as promised).

Thanks Greg. Out of curiosity, what about #1 don't you like much? I thought the facial expressions worked out pretty well...

Not exactly sure how the cherry thing happened. Her twin had a drink with a cherry in it and asked the bride if she wanted it. Then turned to me and made me take a picture. I was fairly limited on the perspective with the 50 on the camera, but I think it turned out pretty good anyway. Fun shots showing what happened in between wedding and reception :biggrin:.

Ah, thanks for posting that leaf removal shot. I honestly didn't even notice that. Not sure how, too many shots to go through I suppose. :) 

I will replace that picture momentarily.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2008
  7. Don't underestimate yourself.
    IMO, these can be finished into quite nice pictures I would be happy with by cropping to concentrate the eye on the action and fixing the overexposure some.

sideshotzs5.

[​IMG]

8. you are RIGHT about the FUN shots
    maybe i was wrong about that first time
    upon second glance... it's better (in my eyes) than i originally thought

9. lazijay

lazijay

Jul 27, 2008
    Salinas, CA
    Beautiful pictures!

10. dan1son

dan1son

Sep 24, 2007
    Austin
    Thank you! I didn't think that one looked overexposed at all until you brought it down a little bit. I had actually cranked the exposure up .41 in post, but the face does look a little better taken back down.

Thanks for showing the crops. I do think pulling some of the edges out and focusing more on the eyes look very good. I am trying to keep the pictures at a 4x6 ratio so they have more options in printing. I'll let her know to have me crop them as opposed to random places if she wants other sizes.

I'm glad you like it then! If something was lacking, I just like to know what can be improved upon later so I can think about it.

Thanks again.

Thanks Jay!

11. They'll love seeing your perspective in their wedding shots. My favorites were from the disposables we left on the tables and in random seats during the ceremony. Thanks for sharing with us!

12. dan1son

dan1son

Sep 24, 2007
    Austin
    Thanks for commenting. I hope they like them.

I've been to a couple of weddings that had the disposables at the tables. Although I have never actually seen any of the developed film. I'm sure there would be some good stuff in those.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.