A few from NCAA Final Four Lacrosse

I shot the Maryland Duke Final Four game in Philadelphia last weekend, and I finally uploaded a few shots.

Here are just 3 of them. All shot D2x with 70-200mm.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I hope those work, this is my first time posting photos here.

Also, please let me know if the colors seem off to anyone. I did these on my new Powerbook and I haven't calibrated it, so I hope they aren't too bad.

Thanks for the compliments, Craig.

For these shots I was in aperture priority. I don't really know if it's the best method, but it's what I'm comfortable with. I set it around f4 and then monitor the shutter speeds I'm getting throughout the day. I'll open up wider or up the ISO if I need something faster. I like doing this because the light will change quite a bit throughout the game, even if a bunch of clouds come over head. I prefer this over shutter priority because I like the added room that f4 gives me, and it's sharper than shooting wide open at 2.8. The trick is that you just have to keep an eye on the shutter speeds and be very comfortable with adjusting aperture on the fly with the command dials.

For most of these I shot around f3.5 or 4 and ISO was 200. I used 200 just so I could keep the settings between the D2x and my backup, a D70, the same. I tried to keep shutter speeds over 1/1000. Lacrosse needs very fast shutter speeds to eliminate a lot of the motion blur.

If I'm shooting something indoors, like basketball, then I'll meter the court and use those settings. When I shoot at the Comcast Arena down at the University of Maryland it's usually 2.8 and 1/500 or 1/640 and then ISO 800 or if need be, HI-1 (1600).

Hope I helped.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom